OMG my screen just totally cracked.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I dropped my phone on the sidewalk and look what happened.

Sorry, have read and seen that many times, you can take it into Apple and they can repair it for $250, they provide you with a loaner iPhone.

If you are jail;broken make sure you restore before you take it in.

hpuk

Bronze
Jan 2, 2008
London
now that cant be good! did u have a case on it?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Sorry to hear about that. Time to visit Apple.

BTW - The Agent 18 actually isn't ugly. It doesn't take anything away from the iPhone's look.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Its not good. It still functions fine thank god. And no I didn't have a case on it. They are all ugly!

Sorry to hear that. hemm

Case = $35

Repair = $250

I for one do not have a case either, luckily I have only dropped it on the carpet a couple of times. even when I go to the bathroom, I have one hand on the phone in my pocket just to make sure it does not go in the soup. I have heard all of these stories.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Its not good. It still functions fine thank god. And no I didn't have a case on it. They are all ugly!

theres a few cases that look pretty good, like the Agent 18 or the Switcheasy Capsule.

But you have weigh your options.... is looks really that important over protection? Esp. something that has a glass screen?

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
iPhone protection is just like sexual protection.... yeah it really sucks, but not as much as the alternative!

VasiliosKN

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
NY - Miami
theres a few cases that look pretty good, like the Agent 18 or the Switcheasy Capsule.

But you have weigh your options.... is looks really that important over protection? Esp. something that has a glass screen?
Yeah it is important to me. I like the smoothness of the phone without cover. I guess ill wait for the iPhone 2. Is it coming out soon?

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I like the smoothness of the phone without cover.
Wow, even in the face of an "incident" you still feel this is your priority? Props for sticking to your guns!

You could always try varnishing it...? :sick:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
How far up was the fall? You must have bad luck or I must have really good luck because I've dropped mine onto the concrete from about 3-5 feet up at least 5 times and all I've gotten to show for it are some slight scratches and such on the back. Sorry to hear about it either way.
As for the iPhone 2, there is not even word on when or how it's going to be released but you might just want to pay the $250 and then sell the iPhone and use that money to fuel the purchase of the iPhone 2.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
iPhone case $25
iPhone Service $60
iPhone itself $399

A broken screen from dropping your iPhone on the hard concrete

A disaster

Im sorry please protect it next time.

Oh by the way don't have kids

RTWilliams2

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Insurance works too. I have my iPhone insured through State Farm and it is covered with 0 deductible for lost/stolen and accidental damage. Best part is that its only $32 a year.

I was told by my agent that some State Farm agents aren't insuring them but it doesn't hurt to check it out.

VasiliosKN

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
NY - Miami
iPhone case $25
iPhone Service $60
iPhone itself $399

A broken screen from dropping your iPhone on the hard concrete

A disaster

Im sorry please protect it next time.

Oh by the way don't have kids
Oh by the way, I have 2 kids and yes Ive dropped them. Funny thing is, I dropped my son because I lost grip of my iPhone....I know, bad choice.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
If it works don't pay to get it fixed. Limp along until the 3G phone and put the $250 towards that upgrade.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
Insurance works too. I have my iPhone insured through State Farm and it is covered with 0 deductible for lost/stolen and accidental damage. Best part is that its only $32 a year.

I was told by my agent that some State Farm agents aren't insuring them but it doesn't hurt to check it out.
are you serious? Is that under home insurance or what?