OMG. This Keynote Is So Overhyped!

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Biggest keynote hype I've seen. It's bigger than the first iPhone and any subsequent event. I think it comes down to two big things:
    1. The life changing (saving) health monitoring.
    2. Mobile payments.
    You can only hype hardware to a point. A bigger iPhone with an A8 processor is great and all, but it's not historic. iOS 8 is a nice upgrade, but nothing historic. A device that could theoretically save your life. I'd say that's worthy of the hype. I seriously can't see Apple barely lapping the Moto 360 and calling it a day. I'm calling their bluff on those stories that the bar is set by Motorola and the industry is well funded, etc.

If we get mobile payments, big iPhones and a watch that is a few cuts above the Android Wear devices? If that's the case, it was overhyped. I think it's much bigger.

What's with the gigantic tent?

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Probably for U2 to perform in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I agree this thing is ridiculously overhyped. Even my non technical coworkers were asking me about it today. Apple is definitely reaching a segment of the population that generally doesn't care about this type of thing.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

This keynote had been be everything and a bag of chips, then.

6. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Personally, I'm a little more excited for the midnight release of Destiny for my XboxOne this evening. I'll just wait and see what they have to offer when it's offered. :)

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think the hype is 100% hardware. There will be riots and looting if they don't present a bigger screen tomorrow.

8. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

When it comes to Apple the media really laps it up. I think the iWatch will be the big thing along with the iPhone 6.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

And I'll be lead pitchfork and torch.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I think because the 1st iPhone announcement was a big historic event what goes for innovation announcements. There has been nothing matching that event! People expect a repeat from Apple! I believe the phones have gone as far as they could go and hardware is changing as wearbales become more sophisticated. I see us using the phones mostly as a central hub from which all other devices run. I hope Apple delivers.

#10 imutter, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  11. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Regardless, this is my favorite time of the year. Hey at least the phone wasn't left at a bar this time around. There is still some mystery left to it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Hi everyone!! I'm back to watch today!! Lol. My little girl just started kindergarden!! I HOPE there is a bigger screen! I'm with my s3 for the past month cause I really really want a bigger screen!!

13. neo

neo Member
    Bronze

I am torn between 4.7 and 5.5. If they trim bezels and same day release will probably go 5.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Will the riots and looting ensue if the larger screens are offered, but no 128 gb?

15. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

No but a lot of sadness (especially for me).

16. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

Bezels, unless every single leak has been false, will still be massive. The 5.5 model that has been floating around is significantly wider and taller than phones with even larger screens (ex., Note 3.) That's a major disappointment. I guess we'll find out for sure in a few hours (if they even announce it) but I don't have my hopes up.

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I think you'll see more than sadness. Many are expecting a 128 gb option because of the rumors and leaks. If at least the 5.5" model does not offer 128 gb, there will be uproar. People expect it, even though Apple has not mentioned it at all.

18. neo

neo Member
    Bronze

That's what I am thinking too. If it is I will stick with the 4.7. Actually really like the size on the moto x but I know the iPhone will be even a little bigger than it cause of the home button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I don't know if there will be an uproar but it doesn't make sense to have the 5.5 and not offer it. A device that size would need the larger storage capacity if people would possibly use it for all of their entertainment needs.

20. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

In order to watch the presentation live on Apple TV, you're told to select "Watch Apple Event" from the main menu. This choice is not on my menu and my software is up to date. What can I do to fix this?