OMG. This Keynote Is So Overhyped!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Biggest keynote hype I've seen. It's bigger than the first iPhone and any subsequent event. I think it comes down to two big things:
  1. The life changing (saving) health monitoring.
  2. Mobile payments.
You can only hype hardware to a point. A bigger iPhone with an A8 processor is great and all, but it's not historic. iOS 8 is a nice upgrade, but nothing historic. A device that could theoretically save your life. I'd say that's worthy of the hype. I seriously can't see Apple barely lapping the Moto 360 and calling it a day. I'm calling their bluff on those stories that the bar is set by Motorola and the industry is well funded, etc.

If we get mobile payments, big iPhones and a watch that is a few cuts above the Android Wear devices? If that's the case, it was overhyped. I think it's much bigger.

What's with the gigantic tent?

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I agree this thing is ridiculously overhyped. Even my non technical coworkers were asking me about it today. Apple is definitely reaching a segment of the population that generally doesn't care about this type of thing.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Biggest keynote hype I've seen. It's bigger than the first iPhone and any subsequent event. I think it comes down to two big things:
  1. The life changing (saving) health monitoring.
  2. Mobile payments.
You can only hype hardware to a point. A bigger iPhone with an A8 processor is great and all, but it's not historic. iOS 8 is a nice upgrade, but nothing historic. A device that could theoretically save your life. I'd say that's worthy of the hype. I seriously can't see Apple barely lapping the Moto 360 and calling it a day. I'm calling their bluff on those stories that the bar is set by Motorola and the industry is well funded, etc.

If we get mobile payments, big iPhones and a watch that is a few cuts above the Android Wear devices? If that's the case, it was overhyped. I think it's much bigger.

What's with the gigantic tent?
I think the hype is 100% hardware. There will be riots and looting if they don't present a bigger screen tomorrow.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I think because the 1st iPhone announcement was a big historic event what goes for innovation announcements. There has been nothing matching that event! People expect a repeat from Apple! I believe the phones have gone as far as they could go and hardware is changing as wearbales become more sophisticated. I see us using the phones mostly as a central hub from which all other devices run. I hope Apple delivers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Hi everyone!! I'm back to watch today!! Lol. My little girl just started kindergarden!! I HOPE there is a bigger screen! I'm with my s3 for the past month cause I really really want a bigger screen!!

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I am torn between 4.7 and 5.5. If they trim bezels and same day release will probably go 5.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I am torn between 4.7 and 5.5. If they trim bezels and same day release will probably go 5.5

Bezels, unless every single leak has been false, will still be massive. The 5.5 model that has been floating around is significantly wider and taller than phones with even larger screens (ex., Note 3.) That's a major disappointment. I guess we'll find out for sure in a few hours (if they even announce it) but I don't have my hopes up.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
No but a lot of sadness (especially for me).
I think you'll see more than sadness. Many are expecting a 128 gb option because of the rumors and leaks. If at least the 5.5" model does not offer 128 gb, there will be uproar. People expect it, even though Apple has not mentioned it at all.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
Bezels, unless every single leak has been false, will still be massive. The 5.5 model that has been floating around is significantly wider and taller than phones with even larger screens (ex., Note 3.) That's a major disappointment. I guess we'll find out for sure in a few hours (if they even announce it) but I don't have my hopes up.
That's what I am thinking too. If it is I will stick with the 4.7. Actually really like the size on the moto x but I know the iPhone will be even a little bigger than it cause of the home button

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I think you'll see more than sadness. Many are expecting a 128 gb option because of the rumors and leaks. If at least the 5.5" model does not offer 128 gb, there will be uproar. People expect it, even though Apple has not mentioned it at all.
I don't know if there will be an uproar but it doesn't make sense to have the 5.5 and not offer it. A device that size would need the larger storage capacity if people would possibly use it for all of their entertainment needs.

brdmsd

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
In order to watch the presentation live on Apple TV, you're told to select "Watch Apple Event" from the main menu. This choice is not on my menu and my software is up to date. What can I do to fix this?