On 4th replacement for certified Verizon iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Jessaw1981, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Jessaw1981

Jessaw1981 Member
    Bronze

Hi everyone! Hubby did an upgrade and got a factory certified new iphone5 from Verizon long story short we are on the 4th replacement phone each one was crap. Anyway to my question the first one had an issue where it would be on 40% battery or 60% (any number no where near dead) he would touch the home button and it would flash off no swirl of the spiny thing or nothing. I would touch the home button it would glad the plug to charger sign I plug it in and in less than a min it comes back on with the same % it flashed off on. Until you plug it up it won't come back on. Well they said it was apart of the battery recall sent a replacement phone (faulty speaker and home button) fast forward not the 4th replacement is doing the same thing and it's not apart of the recall I don't know why do that am I doing something wrong here please help! I have upgraded the software on the 5th phone now and going to hook it up tomorrow. I just wondered if it was something I was doing or not to cause the issue.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

From what you just said, it's nothing you're doing. The replacement program though is / was only for phones purchased in a certain time period, meaning a phone can have a battery issue but not be within that time period, therefore not be qualified.

Have you tried letting the phone die on its own and charge it to 100%?

3. Jessaw1981

Jessaw1981 Member
    Bronze

Yes I've done the die the fully charge for 2/3 days with each phone. I'm hopping this phone will be fine the Verizon guy asked me to do the software update then use it for 2/3 days to play on then if it's fine activate it as a phone. That's what I'm doing now :/

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Oh ok so you're on a different one now. Let us know if anything battery related happens!

5. Jessaw1981

Jessaw1981 Member
    Bronze

I will it's just weird this is the 4th iPhone 5 it's actually the 5th phone they have shipped because they screwed up the 3rd time and sent an iPhone 4 I do all the setting up of the phones and it's flustering to me because it's not mine. On 2 of the phones no one could hear hubby talking sounded like he was cutting in and out ugh I hope the nightmare is about over!

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If you paid any money for any of this craziness then I'd try to get that back. It doesn't sound like it's anything you're doing. Replacement phones are refurbished phones right? Therefore they could have issues easily. The iPhone 5 had big time battery issues even not the ones in the replacement program.

7. Jessaw1981

Jessaw1981 Member
    Bronze

I tired to tell to give me the upgrade back on the line I'll send all there crap back and wait till I can get him a 6 like mine. They said they can't because the original upgrade was middle of last mo I said that's not my fault there all bad phones. It the first or second was good and it hadn't taken yall 2 weeks to send the 3rd that all should have been within my 14days! And then the 3rd was an iPhone 4 ugh there stupid! I will have another round with a supervisor tomorrow!

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Yes, continue with them. Sometimes it takes speaking to the RIGHT person who understands and will go all out to fix the situation. Customer service.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you by chance leave the plastic shipping screen on those two iPhones after they arrived? Some people keep them on and intend to use them as a screen protector, but it is a terrible idea because it is only designed for protection during shipping. They don't have the proper cutouts and will therefore impede the microphone and cause muffling audio problems when talking on the phone.

10. Jessaw1981

Jessaw1981 Member
    Bronze

No I removed them and put them in the griffin.