On the News Tonight

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Wow, just saw on the local news tonight (KCAL 9 News) here in California about jailbreaking the iPhone and a guy that made a video he took on Cycorder and downloaded to youtube. They called people who jailbreak are major geeks:eek:.
Here is the link:

http://cbs2.com/tech/iPhone.music.video.2.885496.html

Make sure you watch the video.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Brings a new meaning to the term "breaking" news...

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I guess I was just in denial and did not want to admit it:p.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Oh man, after I looked at what they had on the link it was just a short recap, it didn't even come close to all they said. It was funny because the news anchors had to ask what jailbreaking was and this guy had to try and explain. The actual broadcast said a lot more about Apple and people asking the questions of why Apple won't let us have video on the iPhone.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
weird... i just did as well.

But i'm about to pwn it again... only for one app...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ramesh claims he has no lag using pwnage tool. I asked him in chat tonight to time how long photos takes to open (a dead giveaway for lag on my phone)... he hadn't rebooted or resprung for at least a day or so, and his opened in the usual 2-3 seconds.

Then again Lincoln uses PT also, and he gets the lag. I don't get it, and I don't really care. I can live without Winterboard, Cycorder, and SBsettings, which are the only 3 jailbreak apps I have installed these days anyway. Tired of it.

Oops. Threadjack. Although it is about jailbreaking.

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
Ramesh claims he has no lag using pwnage tool. I asked him in chat tonight to time how long photos takes to open (a dead giveaway for lag on my phone)... he hadn't rebooted or resprung for at least a day or so, and his opened in the usual 2-3 seconds.

Then again Lincoln uses PT also, and he gets the lag. I don't get it, and I don't really care. I can live without Winterboard, Cycorder, and SBsettings, which are the only 3 jailbreak apps I have installed these days anyway. Tired of it.

Oops. Threadjack. Although it is about jailbreaking.
You'll be back :D

FWIW- My Photos opens in less than 2 sec. (Quickpwn).

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I wonder how this guy actually got on the news with his video. I wonder if it will get back to Steve?

My lag isn't unbearable yet but my phone goes in safe mode and I have to turn it off and on, it's becoming a pain. So I might try Ramesh's way this weekend, but I definitely cannot have a stock phone. Like you all know because I keep mentioning it, I can't live without Catagories. I wish there was an app in app store like this, but then again, we all wish for stuff with the iPhone. So I will keep on jailbreaking for now.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
SMS is what takes forever for me... luckily i rarely use it.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm always the first to admit my geekage tendancies proudly.

PS - stock speed is mind-blowing. Well, my mind anyway.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Weeeeeeee are!

Coincidentally, I'm going stock tonight.
Speaking of coincidences, I went stock tonight too.

But I have an appointment at the Genius Bar on saturday and wanted a day of the iPhone on stock, lag-free (for the most part) firmware. :)