Onavo Extend

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by silvermoon, Jan 19, 2014.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I just downloaded this am app tonight so have not given it a test run. It is designed to help you save on your data plan each month. The data is compressed over a 3G, EDGE, and LTE networks. The only concern I have is that you have to send the data through their server. This is the same server as Facebook. The app is simple to use with a set it and forget it approach. Also works on 3G, 4G, and LTE.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You don't have wifi? How much data do you get with your carrier?

3. JON35Y

JON35Y Member
    Bronze

I have previously downloaded Onavo, it made many apps crash, and would constantly log me out of Facebook and Twitter. Unless they have dramatically changed this app I would advise you to remove it. And trust me. Removing it is no easy task either!

4. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm on a 2GB data plan and have used 75% of the data. I have 3 days in my billing cycle so it is cutting it close. Thanks for the information. I will delete it.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Do you have wifi at home? That helps a lot. I doubt I use 300 mb of data each billing cycle. Before wifi, I cut it close to the 2 gb I got each month.

6. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Yeah, I have wifi at home. The problem is that there are times when I'm out around town and using my phone. It's not just Safari. Also when I open up my banking and credit card apps do I incur data usage.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't do much online when I'm away from wifi. Mostly just calls and text, which don't use data. The banking apps probably use some data, but not much. If you're cutting it close each month, you may want to cut back on online usage away from wifi. If it can wait until you get home, then do that.