One cord away from heaven...rocket scientist needed!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mayo68

Sep 8, 2007
Ok, I have my iPhone hooked up through my aux input and music sounds sweet. Get a call and music stops and I hear the caller through my speakers....sweet. The obvious problem is they cannot hear me. I need a cord with a built in mic and I would be home-free! I have seen the shure adapter but its too long and it only has one male plug. If there is a rocket scientist that could make a cord less than 3ft with a built in mic and a male plug on each end, they would have my order the day it was available....and I am sure I would not be the only guy out there wanting something like this. Get on board with me on this one guys, and some capitalist pig is sure to see it and get the ball rolling for us.
Later,
mayo.

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Ok, I have my iPhone hooked up through my aux input and music sounds sweet. Get a call and music stops and I hear the caller through my speakers....sweet. The obvious problem is they cannot hear me. I need a cord with a built in mic and I would be home-free! I have seen the shure adapter but its too long and it only has one male plug. If there is a rocket scientist that could make a cord less than 3ft with a built in mic and a male plug on each end, they would have my order the day it was available....and I am sure I would not be the only guy out there wanting something like this. Get on board with me on this one guys, and some capitalist pig is sure to see it and get the ball rolling for us.
Later,
mayo.
Seidio makes one just like you are describing. The cord is about 10 inches long, has a male and female end, plugs right into your iPhone, and has a built in mike with button. The button functions just as the button on the iPhone buds, it will answer phone, and skip songs. I got one of these expressly for the purpose you describe and it works great.

You can get one here http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=811

I have also seen it in the banner ad at the top of this site.

mayo68

Sep 8, 2007
Thanks for the reply. Question....does the mic have to be near your mouth? My current iPhone holder is rigged to my e-brake (cheezy but effective) and with this cord I would like to mount the mic on the holder about 3ft from my mouth.....think it would pick up my voice ok?
Thanks again,
mayo.

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I think it will work fine. I have only had mine a couple of days and to be perfectly honest, I have only answered one call using it so far. On mine the iPhone sits in the cup holder so it is about the same distance as yours looks. I also really like the fact that I can just click the button to change songs while driving rather than unlocking the iPhone and pressing forward. I will try making a call tonight when I get off work and will come back and let you know if the person on the other end has any problems hearing.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Later,
mayo.
That's a pretty good idea! :laugh2:

saaber

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Seidio makes one just like you are describing. The cord is about 10 inches long, has a male and female end, plugs right into your iPhone, and has a built in mike with button. The button functions just as the button on the iPhone buds, it will answer phone, and skip songs. I got one of these expressly for the purpose you describe and it works great.

You can get one here http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=811

I have also seen it in the banner ad at the top of this site.
GOLD! Have been looking for something like that for a while! Much appreciated!