One good reason for the 6 PM launch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Monyplay

Jun 27, 2007
Hmmm that makes sense...

That way iTunes doesn't get hammered by the entire country at once.
kinda thought that this was Apple paranoia. I don't think that they are even shipping the things until Thursday....That way they would not arive until Friday. In a town like mine (LA) where the UPS man arrives all times of the day then each store would have their iPhones and begin sellig them at the same time. traffic is bad enough here with out everyone rushing over to West LA cause they have their shipment.

I also think that it discourages some of the ghetto ATT managers from "holding" on to phones on Thursday nite for their other ghetto friends.
:cool:

JOLLYWOG

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I also think that it discourages some of the ghetto ATT managers from "holding" on to phones on Thursday nite for their other ghetto friends.
:cool:

That's nice. I love it when I see an undercurrent of racism slither through a seemingly innocuous post from an anonymous poster.

att_employee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Ignoring previous comments.
I said in another thread that I think the 6pm launch in all timezones is so that Apple will be guaranteed Top Story status on most of the nation's local news shows.... barring some sort of world crisis between today and Friday.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Ignoring previous comments.
I said in another thread that I think the 6pm launch in all timezones is so that Apple will be guaranteed Top Story status on most of the nation's local news shows.... barring some sort of world crisis between today and Friday.
But it is a good point about the iTunes servers though. At least this way they'll be staggered.

Monyplay

Jun 27, 2007
Hold on....

That's nice. I love it when I see an undercurrent of racism slither through a seemingly innocuous post from an anonymous poster.
Jolly,

The last thing I would want to do is imply anythinh sort of racist slant. I am only referring to my experience with the whole PS3 fiasco. PLEASE accept my apology if I came across with anything like what you are referring to.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
That way iTunes doesn't get hammered by the entire country at once.
Actually, it makes no difference. If they went on sale at 9am, all the people camping out would be there at 9am, instead of 6pm. No difference. If an AT&T store opens at 9am on the east coast, and 9am in Central time, same 1 hour difference.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Or it could be as simple as giving enough time for all the stores to get the phone. And for everyone to be off work, etc....

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Apple is trying to supply everyone that wants with the phone. The average person is off work at 6. Makes sense to me