One hand or two?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
In relation to the size of the old, new and pending iPhone, do you or would you use one hand or two hands when using your device, or more importantly typing on your device?

I know a lot of people use one hand to type (my wife does, her thumb looks scary when moving really fast) but for some reason I typically use two hands.

What say you?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I hold the phone with my left hand and do all typing with my right. It's on a rare occasion I hold the iPhone with one hand and type with that hand or thumb. I don't even use thumbs to type with. IDK why.:unsure: So I am a two hander.

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I use one on occasion for short entries but mostly two. Have they shown the new landscape keyboard in action anywhere yet?

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S III since June 21st. Yesterday I started using my iPhone 4S; to say my two hand typing was bad, was\is an understatement! It's as if I have gloves on trying to type on an iPhone...

josh.ua

Bronze
Sep 12, 2012
Atlanta, GA
about.me
If I am using it in portrait (which I almost always am) then I use one hand 95% of the time. Occasionally I will use two hands to type even faster than I already do but it is rare.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Well, I still type with my left hand with my thumb on the new 5. Feels exactly as before. I'm glad they didn't widen it. At some point they will probably give in and make it wider. SIGH

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Like Dave, I use one hand for short messages. For most typing I'll use both thumbs.

When using the iPhone 5, I rest the bottom on pinky. I'm finding it easy to reach the top quadrants, but it's harder to hit the home button this way.