One more quick question...

mom2twins

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
I have been doing a great deal of reading on this phone, and cannot wait to get one.
I wanted to hear from those who have them already...overall are you happy with it? I cannot imagine not...however, I have been reading posts from nay-sayers with less than positive reviews.
I realize that everyone has their own opinion. I am by no means a techno-junkie, someone who will just enjoying music, talking and surfing the web with a phone.
This should absolutely serve all my needs right? I am just getting a tad nervous reading the negative posts, and guess I need some affirmations :p

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It's the most entertaining portable device I've ever had.
On top of that, it's even a phone!

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I have been doing a great deal of reading on this phone, and cannot wait to get one.
I wanted to hear from those who have them already...overall are you happy with it? I cannot imagine not...however, I have been reading posts from nay-sayers with less than positive reviews.
I realize that everyone has their own opinion. I am by no means a techno-junkie, someone who will just enjoying music, talking and surfing the web with a phone.
This should absolutely serve all my needs right? I am just getting a tad nervous reading the negative posts, and guess I need some affirmations :p
Hey Mom, The iPhone fits my needs perfectly. I travel to rural areas and 3G (high speed) will not be there for a long time, so Edge is not an issue. I use wifi all the time and enjoy my favorite podcasts while I travel. The screen is awesome and the eye candy (family pictures, album art, etc.) is fun to play with. Overall, it is a great phone that I thought was worth the $599 and a STEAL at $399. Good luck!

RJ1

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Celebration FL
What you are doing is absolutely what I do before I purchase any product research... can it do what I want it to do.

IMO if you use the phone do light web browsing /email and listen to music its all worth it especially with the new price.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Have you had any "hands on" time with the iPhone in an Apple or AT&T store? I had a minimal amount of time to play with one before I said this is SMOKIN! It is by far the funnest gadget I have ever played with. I even sold my PSP after I got the phone because I never touched the thing anymore! Play with one for 20 minutes or so and you will know whether you want one or not. The other posters are right too, the new price is great for new buyers.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Have you had any "hands on" time with the iPhone in an Apple or AT&T store? I had a minimal amount of time to play with one before I said this is SMOKIN! It is by far the funnest gadget I have ever played with. I even sold my PSP after I got the phone because I never touched the thing anymore! Play with one for 20 minutes or so and you will know whether you want one or not. The other posters are right too, the new price is great for new buyers.
I agree, you really need to get some "hands on" time with it. Play with the keyboard and such, see if it's for you.

Just remember not to get frustrated because it takes some time to get use to certain functions.

I believe I've learned most of what I've wanted to do on my 65th visit to an Apple/att store.:p

Yes I go quite a bit, they know me by name (at every location, I change it up weekly), and I'm passed the being embarrassed part!;)

mom2twins

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Yes, I did spend time with an Apple rep in the store. I played around with it for a bit, and she showed me most of the main options.
They offer free one on one training once you purchase too.

spazzman90

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
The only reservation I have about the phone and you will find plenty of talk about this on here, is the fact that the phone is a bit on the quiet side.

Earpiece is too quiet, speakerphone is too quiet, ringers are too quiet. Unfortunately, I spend a bit of time on the road in diesel vehicles and I work in noisy arcades and bars. I often times have to wait and call back or find a quiet area to place or receive calls. I didn't have to do this ever with my old Motorola.

I'm still holding out hope they will fix this with a software update. I had the same issue with my old Razr and was going to take it back until i updated the software which took care of the volume issue.

On the plus side, the headphones work quite well, so if I happen to have them with me, I can deal with calls on the road.

Most everything else with the phone works from adequate to surprisingly well. This includes the internet experience (pretty good), ipod (very good), camera (good, but wish it had a light), google maps (very good).

Best wishes with your purchase.

-Jeff

mom2twins

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
The only reservation I have about the phone and you will find plenty of talk about this on here, is the fact that the phone is a bit on the quiet side.

Earpiece is too quiet, speakerphone is too quiet, ringers are too quiet. Unfortunately, I spend a bit of time on the road in diesel vehicles and I work in noisy arcades and bars. I often times have to wait and call back or find a quiet area to place or receive calls. I didn't have to do this ever with my old Motorola.

I'm still holding out hope they will fix this with a software update. I had the same issue with my old Razr and was going to take it back until i updated the software which took care of the volume issue.

On the plus side, the headphones work quite well, so if I happen to have them with me, I can deal with calls on the road.

Most everything else with the phone works from adequate to surprisingly well. This includes the internet experience (pretty good), ipod (very good), camera (good, but wish it had a light), google maps (very good).

Best wishes with your purchase.

-Jeff
I just checked for service in my area...it is primarily "partner" coverage. Do you happen to know what that means?
I hate to buy this and not get a good/great signal