One of the speakers is not working?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I just activated my iPhone yesterday.

I noticed the two speaker areas on the bottom of the iPhone, but sound only comes from the left speaker holes, and nothing on the right side.
(I can cover up the left side with my thumb, and basically mute all the sound)

IS THIS NORMAL? Should sound come out of the right side?

THANKS

Caprious

Jul 15, 2007

I noticed the two speaker areas on the bottom of the iPhone, but sound only comes from the left speaker holes, and nothing on the right side.

THANKS
You're fine. One of the "speakers" is actually the mic. Don't feel bad, I made the same mistake when I first got my phone too :cool:

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT

THANKS
Thanks for the laugh. I love it when people complain about this, it's just really funny to me. You are NOT the first.

jagxk

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Dunwoody, Georgia
Speaker Not Working

Don't feel bad about it. I have a friend who works at the Apple store in Atlanta and he told me a lot of people have come in with the same "complaint".

cjacks519

Sep 27, 2007
seriously, they goofed up the quality. i can barely hear most youtube videos and i'm afraid to turn it up all the way because it will probably blow :eek:
You got that right! LOL I rarely hear my phone ring when I get a call, and never hear any of the notifications even when the volume is all the way up! I just have to sit and stare at my phone til something happens! It's ok though because at least it's pretty. LOL :laugh2:

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
You got that right! LOL I rarely hear my phone ring when I get a call, and never hear any of the notifications even when the volume is all the way up! I just have to sit and stare at my phone til something happens! It's ok though because at least it's pretty. LOL :laugh2:
thank god for vibrate

and ibrate for the ladies