one problem after another..

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
alright so i finally talked to a AT&T guy and told me to switch the sim card out of my old iPhone into new iPhone. so i did that and now it works. now i was very happy but now, i notice something else. maybe this is just all 3g iPhones but in te contacts, it freezes up aot. like it takes more time to hit a contact, then hit the number, it freezes and is very slow. has this happen to anyone else?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I can't say that I have experienced this issue nor have I read from many (if any) other people that are experiencing this either. I would say try a restore (yeah, on Day 1) and that might fix everything for you.

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
yep i am doing a restore now and also whats up with no visual vociemail?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The visual voicemail issue might be on AT&T's end for the time being. Mine is working right now but a few times earlier it forced me to call Voicemail as opposed to being available visually.

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
oh thank goodness for a minute i thought that they cut that awesome feature out or i had to pay extra for it. and i was like i know it said visual voice mail in the pamplet and all over the internet for the plans

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Haha no, definitely not. I think both Apple and AT&T had their share of crashes today so the Visual Voicemail might have been a victim (temporarily of course).

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
yeah i know everything got slammed and honestly i sort of expected it but it does make me somewhat mad on little things, but hey i know it will all work out.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
I have an issue wid my VVM when I first got my phone active. I couldnt even push the button. I thot the screen was dead in the lower right hand corner. But after calling my own # and listening to a lil recording, it then asked me for a PW. Then my VVM worked.

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
alright so i finally talked to a AT&T guy and told me to switch the sim card out of my old iPhone into new iPhone. so i did that and now it works. now i was very happy but now, i notice something else. maybe this is just all 3g iPhones but in te contacts, it freezes up aot. like it takes more time to hit a contact, then hit the number, it freezes and is very slow. has this happen to anyone else?
I did not have this problem but ever since i synced my iPhone 3G it started behaving weirdly.. was crashing every 2 seconds.. so I wasn't even able to touch anything.. so had to restore.. and now.. It works like awesome..!
I guess there is some problem when you first sync it up with your system...

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
im hoping it works, almost done. i still don't know why they couldnt do a connection with firewire though, usb is slow

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
restored many times and no go very weird, it only does it in the phone area

laststanding

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
I just played around some menu buttons and went to contacts back and forth.. It was a smooth transaction with me.. Have you done anything to this new iPhone.. which is Installed any new apps? Or even EXCHANGE? .. Remeber, Exchange will be a huge factor when you are dealing with slowness and issues related to contacts.
Good luck

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
yeah i know i haven't messed with apps at all, and not mobile me or push.

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i fixed the problem! it was pictures in my contacts and i quess Apple didn't like it, so i will just have to take pics with the camera on the phone, no biggy, im super happy now its all working like a good Apple product.

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
How did you figure that one out?
trust me i spent like the last few wasteful hours on it. well for one thing the phone ran fine in every other department but the phone area. and then i figured out that when i clicked on a contact that had no pic it loaded fast and normal, so then i put it together, and problem solved. i was so determined to figure out a problem, i knew it was just operator error but it doesn't matter i don't need to go to Apple tomorrow..

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
after a few times of voice calling it and immediately ending popped up my pin and i put it in and then it went to visual voicemail.