One question about jailbreak..........

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
On 1.1.4 and jailbreak with ZiPhone, do you have to install BSD to only install summerboard ? I've had many problems with jailbreak apps. I only want summerboard to be able to add themes. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I don't have the answer for you, except to say that I have BSD and summerboard (amognst others) with a 1.1.4 ZiPhone 2.5c break... no problems whatsoever.

Probably not helpful, but there it is.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Thanks. I used ZiPhone on my last iPhone. Either ZiPhone or just a bad app, TRASHED it. Just got a new one from Apple, kinda scared to install anything. But I miss the themes the most.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Must have been a BAD app. I miss my jailbroke phone, but scared to trash another. Is ZiPhone the best out there ? I so want to jailbreak my new one.
:(

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I hate to cry "user error" but I'm almost willing to bet 100% that your old phone wasn't officially bricked. There is always a way back when it comes to jailbreaking.

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Dumb question but I finally gathered up the cahones to jailbreak my phone. Worked flawlessly with ZiPhone. My only question is how I can change the themes on my phone. I tried to search the forums on a how-to but couldn't find anything.

I'm clueless. Do I need to download Summerboard from somewhere using my PC? OR do I use my phone to download stuff?

On my phone in Installer I tried going to install and selected a theme off Summerboard. Looked like it was doing something but nothing happened.

I'm so lost, please help! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
you will need the Summerboard program, get it from installer.

goddamn bandaods on my fingers...

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
On 1.1.4 and jailbreak with ZiPhone, do you have to install BSD to only install summerboard ? I've had many problems with jailbreak apps. I only want summerboard to be able to add themes. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

No you don't have too load the BSD. I had previously and multiple apps and lost the ability to receive/send email. I restored rejailbroke and didn't add BSD and just did a few apps including summerboard and it has been working fine so far:)

almarlimjr

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I was looking for any posts that offers a "how-to" after a jailbreak but couldn't. So I apologize for the dumb question.

One more question. I do all this from my iPhone right? Buffy also advised me to download some other stuff before using Summerboard.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
you should download BSD. I don't know what the hell the poster two above me was talking about, BSD is a totally harmless application.

BSD is needed for Apollo, Cydia, Terminal, and a variety of other things.

Good Day!