One quick Gmail questions after the upgrade

abian2

Dec 13, 2007
I have a quick question regarding to Gmail. Since I upgraded to 1.1.3, my Gmail never checks automatically, even though I checked to check every hour. Before the upgrade, my iPhone will check automatically, but after the upgrade, it doesn't work. Have any one ran into this problem?

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have a quick question regarding to Gmail. Since I upgraded to 1.1.3, my Gmail never checks automatically, even though I checked to check every hour. Before the upgrade, my iPhone will check automatically, but after the upgrade, it doesn't work. Have any one ran into this problem?
I would say take the time to read the search results on "Gmail 1.1.3" but for now I would recommend deleting all of your Gmail accounts and starting over. We don't know if you started with POP and went to IMAP or were POP and converted to IMAP, etc.

For most, Gmail is working very, very well since the update.. I am sure someone will correct me here...

Just delete them all and add them back using the Gmail icon as that will give you IMAP now. OH, you need to make sure have enabled IMAP in your settings in your actual Gmail account online. If you haven't done that then you probably won't get anything...

Good luck.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

abian2

Dec 13, 2007

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that is weird... have you tried setting it to check every 15 minutes? just to see what happens...