One rant about iCal and iPhone

spscoral

Jul 3, 2007
So I spent some time adding to my iCal thinking I would sync it up with my phone. Sync'd fine, so I thought. When I checked my iPhone, the times were wrong. Glad I checked.... These were for court hearings! I had to dissconnect and go into the phone to change times. For some reason, and I don't know why, I entered 8:00 A.M. into Ical, and when it made it to the phone, showed 3:00 P.M. WTF ?

2 out of 3 worked fine, but that one could cost me! Either a night in jail or fines (not to mention what the dept would do to me). I tried deleting everything in my ical, and redoing, nope... Some screwed up and some did not. Any ideas?

tortilla

Jul 1, 2007
www.iphonetypingtest.com
So I spent some time adding to my iCal thinking I would sync it up with my phone. Sync'd fine, so I thought. When I checked my iPhone, the times were wrong. Glad I checked.... These were for court hearings! I had to dissconnect and go into the phone to change times. For some reason, and I don't know why, I entered 8:00 A.M. into Ical, and when it made it to the phone, showed 3:00 P.M. WTF ?

2 out of 3 worked fine, but that one could cost me! Either a night in jail or fines (not to mention what the dept would do to me). I tried deleting everything in my ical, and redoing, nope... Some screwed up and some did not. Any ideas?
Check your settings on your iPhone:

Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone Support (Should be OFF, mine was set to Cupertino after I reset my phone for another issue)

drrosma

Jul 7, 2007
check your world clock if it is not to your city or time zone it will give wrong times on cal program

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I have a problem with iCal also. In my iTunes, I can't seem to change the field marked:

Put new events created on this iPhone into the calendar:

It's stuck on "unfiled" which is what my wife used with her Treo. Now I can change it, but it flips right back there.

drrosma

Jul 7, 2007
I had same issue- put the sync only settings on the calendar that you want to be in check bo0x and then reset the button to all calendars and it should now register as the one that new events are placed in
good luck

ps is there a way to make something the homepage on I phone safari to open everytime?

I have a problem with iCal also. In my iTunes, I can't seem to change the field marked:

Put new events created on this iPhone into the calendar:

It's stuck on "unfiled" which is what my wife used with her Treo. Now I can change it, but it flips right back there.

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I had same issue- put the sync only settings on the calendar that you want to be in check bo0x and then reset the button to all calendars and it should now register as the one that new events are placed in
good luck
Almost worked for me, but not quite. When I go back to "All Calendars" it goes back to Unfiled. But if I just do "Selected Calendars" and check them all individually, I can choose whichever I want, so that's what I'm doing.

ps is there a way to make something the homepage on I phone safari to open everytime?

Someone else asked me this, and I really don't understand. Doesn't Safari always go back to the same page you were on previously? For me it does - I never get a home page, to speak of. Are you closing the last page somehow?

Denise

Aug 8, 2007
Thanks

Check your settings on your iPhone:

Settings > General > Date & Time > Time Zone Support (Should be OFF, mine was set to Cupertino after I reset my phone for another issue)
I just got my iPhone and after syncing noticed that the times were all wrong in the calendar. Since the time on the phone was correct, I didn't think the time zone was the problem;however I did what you suggested and it fixed the problem. Now if I could just pare my iTunes library down so it would all fit, I would be ectastic.