One Touch Picture Dialing?

Blaze2458

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Buford, GA
OK, here is the deal. Why can't I find an app that will allow me to put a contact picture on my homescreen, touch it and it dials there number, one step? Am I missing something here? I know I can get a program like that if I jailbreak but to be honest about it I just don't have the time to mess with it. It seems to me it would be a easy app to develop. I posted the same question on Apple's forum and it was prombtly taken down. Any ideas why a app like this is not availble?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
OK, here is the deal. Why can't I find an app that will allow me to put a contact picture on my homescreen, touch it and it dials there number, one step? Am I missing something here? I know I can get a program like that if I jailbreak but to be honest about it I just don't have the time to mess with it. It seems to me it would be a easy app to develop. I posted the same question on Apple's forum and it was prombtly taken down. Any ideas why a app like this is not availble?
Yes, there is an app in Cydia like this but you do have to jailbreak. In the app store there is a speed dial app where you can put 9 pictures and when you press on the app you select who you want to dial. I have this first on the dock and have my family on there and just select that when I am going to call them.
But the app your looking for is available on Cydia.

skellener

Oct 23, 2008
OK, here is the deal. Why can't I find an app that will allow me to put a contact picture on my homescreen, touch it and it dials there number, one step?
You said it Blaze2458! This was the very first deficiency I saw in the iPhone when Steve Jobs showed it for the very first time. The main screen is virtual. Buttons can be made for ANYTHING! Why not this? The perfect use of virtual buttons! Create a contact button. Click the person, make the call. Absolutely the biggest oversight on the iPhone IMHO. Still is. Jailbreaking is the way to go. The Cydia solution sounds great! Still a missed opportunity for Apple to show off the power of a virtual screen.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
FaceCall

I just found a cool app in the App Store called FaceCall.

It allows you to put pictures on home screen icons and you call them when you click on the icon.

It costs $2.99, though.

Blaze2458

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Buford, GA
I just found a cool app in the App Store called FaceCall.

It allows you to put pictures on home screen icons and you call them when you click on the icon.

It costs $2.99, though.
Thanks! I downloaded the app last night, works well, a little slow and when the call ends it does not return to homescreen but I am sure it will be fixed with an update sometime soon.

Blaze2458

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Buford, GA
App was updated last night (11/6/08) , it is a little faster and does return to homescreen when call is finished now! It is almost there!