One-way sync between Outlook and iPhone?

tulsa40

Dec 20, 2008
Is it possible to do one-way syncing between Outlook and the iPhone? I want to sync my calendar and contacts just from Outlook to the iPhone. I haven't purchased an iPhone and wanted to find out first. Thanks!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
There is no way of doing that that I am aware of. It's an interesting subject though, and I'd love to be wrong if anyone knows how.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yes you can do a one way push to the phone, but not one from the phone to the PC
When the phone is connected and you are seeing it under the Summary tab, click the info tab and scroll all the way down and you will see an option to replace the info on the phone.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Forgot about that... he has to do this each time though, right?

tulsa40

Dec 20, 2008
I don't yet have an iPhone, as I mentioned, so I may just be making this up as I go along, but would one possible way of doing this to copy my PST file to another folder on my PC and then just sync normally with that duplicate PST? Can I tell the sync software that the PST is located elsewhere on my computer?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Take you PST file and copy it to whichever PC you want. Right Click the file and choose open with and then select Outlook ( 2003 or 2007). That should set up your profile on that PC. If not then you need to open Outlook and import the profile (remember where you saved your PST file.)
Then when you get your iPhone and setup iTunes, you can tell it to sync with Outlook. Any changes - whether on the phone or in Outlook will be synced and reflected in both locations ( phone and PC)

And if you want to take it a step further and have a Gmail account, you can download the Gmail calendar sync tool and sync your outlook between Gmail and PC. That way you have a backup on the web, phone and PC.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
And if you want to take it a step further and have a Gmail account, you can download the Gmail calendar sync tool and sync your outlook between Gmail and PC. That way you have a backup on the web, phone and PC.
:cool: - This is what I came in here to post. Works great.