One week from tomorrow..

joegul9

Bronze
Oct 1, 2008
I will be a proud, iPhone 3G owner. Now, I feel unprepared, not only do I have to get help on paying this, but I don't think I'll be buying what I exactly need. Now, can you please tell me, what should I buy? I'm getting the black 16GB model, I need a REALLY good case, and the best protection plan out there. Thanks guys!

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I will be a proud, iPhone 3G owner. Now, I feel unprepared, not only do I have to get help on paying this, but I don't think I'll be buying what I exactly need. Now, can you please tell me, what should I buy? I'm getting the black 16GB model, I need a REALLY good case, and the best protection plan out there. Thanks guys!

Bring $400 bucks(cash or card), your ID, SS, and a credit/debt card. (if you have goodcredit, and all is well then u wont have to pay a deposit.) $400 should cover everything including the purchase of a case to protect the phone until you buy a better one online. I bought the Spek pixel skin until my better case arrived. Once it did i returned the Spek case, (all its contents must be there for refund.) More info on the cases at the end of the post.

Choose the size, and colour of the phone, and they will activate it, ask what plan, any addons, and then he/she will tell you your phone number. After that, the phone is able to do everything. Now, if you are paying cash, they'll turn it into an Apple gift card and ull be fine. You have 14days to return the phone and all its packaging/contents. And you are covered under a 1year warranty at no extra charge from Apple. This covers any hardware damage, (phone problems) but not damage insued from misuse. (IE: dropping it and the screen breaks) You can add AppleCare, however most people wait until the 1year warranty is almost up since Applecare does the same.

The activation Fee will be added to your first months bill, (which youll get in the mail) don't be shocked by the price because after that bill, your regular monthly bill should be MUCH cheaper.

As far as cases go, most of the cases in the store are pretty crappy. Here are a few very good options that not only are good value, but many users here have them. The Incase Slider is sold in the Apple Store, the Switcheasy's arent.

Here's the links:

Incase Slider very good and sleek case, White/black/pink. Incase also sells leather cases.

SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel I personally own this in Arctic as well as white and black (storm trooper lol) Best case ive used to date. Very different, and solid design, hard and soft plastic. Multiple Colours.

SwitchEasy CapsuleNeo VERY Solid protection, combines both a soft and hard plastic. Multiple colours.

I hope you enjoy your 16gig as much as i do. I have a white one with the Rebel Case. Check out the 3G cases forum to make your choice easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

claygreenberg

Bronze
Oct 3, 2008
Another vote for the Incase Slider from me! It's beautiful and provides good protection. One word of caution, though. This case can be hard to use with a screen protector. You'll need a screen protector that leaves just a bit of room on the edges (I recommend Power Support anti-glare), and you'll need to center it ABSOLUTELY perfectly. With the wrong screen protector or if it's just not perfectly centered,you'll end up with bubbles in your screen protector. This is because the slider case (at least the white one that I have) fits very very tightly.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Most of the cases (the better ones) are perfect fit, My Switcheasy Rebel is a perfect fit, and a very good case.

don't be boring... get the Rebel over the slider. lolz

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
you will be happy with your purchase. Be sure to do home work on jailbreaking and what programs and such to use. If on a PC, winscp to SSH and quickpwn. On a MAC, cyberduck to SSH and Quickpwn. Quickpwn works waaay better than Pwnage for me, anyways.

here is the case that i am eventually going to get. I haven't bought a case yet, as i just bought a MBP and need a Crumpler bag for that:)
http://www.ivyskin.com/detail.php?proid=68
this case has gotten rave reviews....!