one week to go before Sprint contact is up.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
you'd get your best answer from sprint directly - why don't you call them?

i'd read that some cell carriers implemented a new pro-rated cancellation fee policy - the less time you had on your contract, the lower the cancellation fee. if sprint also does this, your cancellation fee with a week left will probably be minimal. but if they charge the full amount regardless of the amount of time left, you're better off just waiting for the week to be up...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I say wait the week out.

It'll be more time you're anticipating getting the iPhone - making it all the more precious when you get it.

- John

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
I say wait the week out.

It'll be more time you're anticipating getting the iPhone - making it all the more precious when you get it.

- John
been waiting since this sommer so I guess one more week won't kill me. Thought my contract was up on the 1st but found out I have to wait until the 19th. I called Sprint today and they said I would be penalized the full amount if I broke the contract before then.

bmargolis

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Am I close enough to the end of the contract to switch to AT&T without penalties?
Get the iPhone now and activate it AFTER the 19th. It will give you time to play with it and get really familiar with everything.

I know...I know...BRILLIANT

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Am I close enough to the end of the contract to switch to AT&T without penalties?
The last thing you want to do is put yourself in a position where Sprint is still in your pocket while you're trying to leave them behind. I saw your post that says you cant leave til the 19th. Sprint tells a lot of lies. I'd confirm that date again; just to be on the safe side.

Whatever date they give you, I'd wait a few days after that to walk.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yeah i would also recommend that as well sprint is very scandalous.... don't be surprised if like 2 months from now you get a bill for the etf from them....

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
I suppose I could dig through my records and look for the original contract papers but thinking back it was just before Christmas when I got my last phone.

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
Wait for the contract to be up and then get the iPhone. You can't do jack with it until it is activated anyway. Well you could just look longingly at it, but other than that it is worthless unactivated.

darktone

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
I was shopping at the mall for Christmas presents this morning and I stopped by to look at the iPhone in the AT&T store.......... I walked out with an iPhone fifteen minutes later. The sales guy just told me to wait until the 19th to activate it. :)

Bboy Trick

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
NJ
I was shopping at the mall for Christmas presents this morning and I stopped by to look at the iPhone in the AT&T store.......... I walked out with an iPhone fifteen minutes later. The sales guy just told me to wait until the 19th to activate it. :)
LOL man I would of don't the same. But i gotta get the cash and a debit or credit card to do so. But I understand how you felt cause you cant just look at the iPhone you wanna buy it lol.:laugh2: