Ongoing Error with the 2.2 Quickpwn

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Ok so many of us have been jailbroken, have done it or avoid it. This last update that Apple did 2.2 i think has something that stops the process.

Ive had about 6 people contact me through AIM asking me for help on what to do because they do the DFU mode correctly and the jailbreak process ensues. However they ALL had one major thing in common. "Quickpwn does all the stuff correctly but then after the phone just sits there with the silver Apple doing nothing." Some have said it vibrates a few times.

Of the people who asked me, 2 had a mac, 1 was XP and the other 3 was vista.

Guys i may be mistaken, but i think something has happened where jailbreaking or those who are using quickpwn cannot finish the process. (ex: jailbreak and then use the apps or see the slide to enter screen)

Maybe im wrong, but im just bringing it to attention.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
if they're having problems, they're doing it wrong, or their PC is hosed.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I thought they may have been doing it wrong, however one person i was helping was a pro at jailbreaking and he was doing it to a friends phone. He tried 4times.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
who knows, man. This is the first i've heard of any proposed widespread problem with quickpwn for 2.2.1 outside of the 10.5.6 DFU issue.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
I had the problem described when i JB'd my 2.2.1 2G iPhone, put it in recovery mode, steve jobs picture shows up, go and do a restore through iTunes, connected the iPhone via usb on a usb hub since its the easier way around the DFU fiasco, JB'd with quickpwn and it was hassle free. I have since JB'd my 2.2.1 3G without any issues as well.

Try a USB hub

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not sure about the Windows people, but the ones with Mac's are likely experiencing the DFU mode bug. Have them try using a USB hub or just try jailbreaking on a PC.

windowman

Feb 14, 2009
On windows I had a problem till I updated to .net framework 3.5 and started 2 services that I can not remember which ones.
Not sure if just the .net would of worked alone but on another sites it stated to do the 3 items and it worked.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Not sure about the Windows people, but the ones with Mac's are likely experiencing the DFU mode bug. Have them try using a USB hub or just try jailbreaking on a PC.

Im thinking that it infact has to do with the USB DFU detection on the Mac. I have a mac, and tried to jailbreak a 1st gen iPod touch...i went through all the steps since i know em by heart lol, and it wouldn't complete the process because it wouldn't find the iPod touch after the DFU dance.

LOL... steve jobs can effectively control Jailbreaking (through macs)* if he alters the software on the computers to not detect them after DFU etc.

If you cannot control the device, limit or control what it interfaces with.
-Your blender wont work if you didn't pay the electric company. lol