Only 1 iPhone 3G per person?

c_jack_70

Aug 26, 2007
Spring, TX
I just spoke with an ATT rep and she told me that even though I have 2 eligible lines with ATT that I would have to have another person to pick up 2 iPhones. No matter what the situation they will only sell 1 phone per person. She did say that even if I only had a child with me that would allow me to get the 2nd phone. Weird! Anyway, thought that may be interesting to those out there with more than 1 iPhone in the family.

Happy Hunting

iphone1027

Bronze
Jul 2, 2008
I just spoke with an ATT rep and she told me that even though I have 2 eligible lines with ATT that I would have to have another person to pick up 2 iPhones. No matter what the situation they will only sell 1 phone per person. She did say that even if I only had a child with me that would allow me to get the 2nd phone. Weird! Anyway, thought that may be interesting to those out there with more than 1 iPhone in the family.

Happy Hunting
Yes, according to AT&T they state "1 person, 1 iPhone" If you have to get 2 iPhones under your contract,etc then the 2 people have to be physically present.

kycophpd

Bronze
The iPhone prep paperwork they put out says "1 iPhone per person in line" - I am hoping the store I picked out has a relatively small line like it did last year so I can be one of the first in line and then go get back in line. Unfortunately the fiance wants a 3G also, and if i come home without one for her, i am screwed.... and not in a good way.

dukefan

Jul 6, 2008
I can confirm this same story - via two different AT&T stores today. One iPhone per person. Bring a child. As long as they are breathing, you can have another iPhone.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I'm stopping by the orphanage on the way over. I'm going to buy a whole case.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ

Happy Hunting
That is EXACTLY what I was told, and I was referring to my two year old.

The letter of the law...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I think the initial purchase prices are pushing demand through the roof. Based on what happened with O2 in the UK, then AT&T must put some limitations to avoid a riot.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado

Happy Hunting
shouldnt be too hard, just ask a friend