Ooooh, I get to ask about iPad cases now. Fun!

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by psylichon, Mar 12, 2012.

1. psylichon

psylichon Genius

So I finally get to join in on iPad case discussion. Here's my plan and I'm hoping to get some suggestions to make it happen:

I'd like a very thin, light but tough snap-on back protector for continual use and a rubberier bulky case for when I let my daughter use it. Ideally, I'd love to be able to fit the iPad with hard snap-on case inside the larger case. Larger case doesn't have to be pretty... just relatively drop-proof. Any ideas?

Also, anyone found a screen protector they actually like? I'm really picky when it comes to blurry images and color smearing, so is there anything that will convince me to not just keep it unprotected?

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Cases, I'm still on the hunt for.

But I use an SGP Oleophobic Screen protector on my iPhone 4S. I have been using SGP screen protectors on my iPhones since the 3GS and I love them! They are virtually "not there" type of protection. It's as if once you get it on perfctly you can hardly detect its on the phone. So I figured I would get an SGP screen protector for my new iPad.

They don't have an Oleophobic one but the Crystal is the one I get for ultimate clarity.

The Antifingerprint ones have a coating and feel kinda weird. I didn't like the one I purchased and would never get it again.

Here is the link:
    http://www.spigen.com/tablets/Apple/the-new-ipad/spigen-sgp-ipad-3-3g-wifi-screen-protector-steinheil-series.html

They also have the ones that cover the front and the back. Here is the link for that one:

http://www.spigen.com/tablets/Apple/the-new-ipad/spigen-sgp-the-new-ipad-incredible-shield-series.html

3. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

You really think you are going to switch them every time she uses it? My daughters use my iPad now and it's never been destroyed or damaged. Just saying.

4. psylichon

psylichon Genius

SGP Crystal was the only one I ever liked on my old V1 iPhone, so I guess I'll give them a shot with the iPad.

Krunk, I'm not taking any chances. My daughter likes to throw things.

5. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

You might be better off getting her something a little less expensive to throw around. :)

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I just orderd the Crystal cover for the iPad from SGP. I hope it comes before Friday or on Friday. The Ultra Matte will be available on the 27th and I'll order that then. I want to have complete coverage on the iPad. The one I just orderd is just to cover the front and I want to cover the whole thing. The Ultra Matte has a nice soft touch feeling and it's not shiny so it will cover the back great. The front cover that comes with it will be an extra.

I am getting soo excited now. I can't wait for Friday! OMG! :ROFLMAO:

7. psylichon

psylichon Genius

The Marware C.E.O. has caught my eye...

8. BoLoThaBeAR

BoLoThaBeAR Member
    Bronze

I too lik the marware ceo... Think im going to purchase

9. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Been watching case reviews all day and so far nothing has beaten it IMO.

10. BoLoThaBeAR

BoLoThaBeAR Member
    Bronze

Ya me too.... Others seem way too bulky.

11. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I've been using the Griffin Intellicase on my iPad 2. I'm hoping it will still fit on the new one.

12. BoLoThaBeAR

BoLoThaBeAR Member
    Bronze

Cliffeman- how do u lik that case?

13. BoLoThaBeAR

BoLoThaBeAR Member
    Bronze

After carefuly reviewing cases... I decided to purchase the NEW Marware ceo for the new ipad! Just placed my order =]

14. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Gumdrop ipad2 case fits the new one.

15. Gellzie

Gellzie New Member

I just got the iPad 3 and love it.... I went to best buy and got the targus slim cover! After I got home I realized it did not work, the magnetic strip did not line up, so the on off feature was not working. I love the fit of this cover hard back and soft front very thin also light! I went back to BB and searched for one that worked and luckily found one! Once they get this fixed I highly recommend it! GL guys. :)

16. BoLoThaBeAR

BoLoThaBeAR Member
    Bronze

Luvn my Marware CEO!

17. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Before the iPad 2 came out. I was lucky enough to win an iPad case right here on the eiC. That is what I'm using on my (The) new iPad (3) now. I love it so much too!

Besides the fact that I won it here. When people ask me where i got it, i luv to tell them i won it here. Of course they can buy themselves one from HardCandy Cases. This case holds my iPad securely and it keeps it soo safe. I only use a Dark Gray smart cover, the SGP screen protector front (on now) and back(to come next week). I want to get a Zagg Dark Gray leather back cover next month, not shipping till April 3rd. So far, that's all I need for my iPad. Smart cover and body protection will do as long as I have that HardCandy Bubble Case for my iPad, I'm good.

Pictured below is a Black one. I won a Pink one. I have a Black one coming that I got from Amazon for $13 cheaper and free shipping. Amazon is pretty good like that.

The Pink is a beautiful color but I don't want to use it everyday as it goes thought a lot here at work and it is going to get filthy dirty! They offer this is a Gold Green color and White! The White looks AWESOME I think I want that too for this summer. http://www.hardcandycases.com/bubble-sleeve-colors-the-new-ipad-case.html

Very protective case. Awesome looking as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The one I won here on the eiC! Luv it! Thanks Chris!

[​IMG]

18. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Here is my set up in action!

ImageUploadedByiCafe1332332575.969282.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1332332607.373308.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1332332687.683716.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1332332733.913612.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiCafe1332332788.209028.jpg

Sent from my iPheezy 4S using iCafe app

19. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Ya that sees pretty neat! I bought a smart cover to last me until I get my 10dollar case from amazon. The only problem is I'm really liking this smart over and considering going back to my original plan of smart cover/cheap back. Hopefully the new case gets here soon lol, if I'm going to spend 40 on a darn plastic flap I may as well return it and buy an otterbox online.

20. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Oo speaking of, was the final verdict on the defender/reflex iPad 2 case the same for iPad 3? I saw that best buy got in the "new" defenders but they cost more than the ipad2 defenders lol.