Ooooh, I get to ask about iPad cases now. Fun!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Oo speaking of, was the final verdict on the defender/reflex iPad 2 case the same for iPad 3? I saw that best buy got in the "new" defenders but they cost more than the ipad2 defenders lol.
The reflex series for the 2 is not recommended to use on the 3. Marred up the back of my iPad 3 and took, at a minimum, of 5 minutes to get each side off again.
You would think I would have stopped when I'm having to push with both hands to slide the case halves on thinking, ' man this case is tight' the entire time! I don't suggest trying it. Would probably peel a screen protector off as you did it.

Mar 20, 2012
Outstanding cases @ Sharunda. Its pretty good, loved it. Its best to protect your ipad from both side of ipad. Great choice.. Take a big Congo... :)

Mar 20, 2012
The reflex series for the 2 is not recommended to use on the 3. Marred up the back of my iPad 3 and took, at a minimum, of 5 minutes to get each side off again.
You would think I would have stopped when I'm having to push with both hands to slide the case halves on thinking, ' man this case is tight' the entire time! I don't suggest trying it. Would probably peel a screen protector off as you did it.
I'm totally agreed with you, this type of ipad cases not fully protected your ipad.

Jan 9, 2012
So I finally get to join in on iPad case discussion. Here's my plan and I'm hoping to get some suggestions to make it happen:

I'd like a very thin, light but tough snap-on back protector for continual use and a rubberier bulky case for when I let my daughter use it. Ideally, I'd love to be able to fit the iPad with hard snap-on case inside the larger case. Larger case doesn't have to be pretty... just relatively drop-proof. Any ideas?

Also, anyone found a screen protector they actually like? I'm really picky when it comes to blurry images and color smearing, so is there anything that will convince me to not just keep it unprotected?
I'm not sure if the aluminium iPad 3 cases will be fit for you...it's light, not bulky and anti-shock, i think maybe you can try...

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
The Black HardCandy Bubble case came yesterday. It's just as nice as the Pink one. It's got an orange interior that I didn't like at first but I'm used to it now. I think it would be nice if it were gray or black.

It also came with awesome corner protecters that I took out, but they are great and very protective. I just replaced these with the ones from the Pink Bubble case. I like them better becasue I can just sit my iPad in the case not actually attach it in side. If I were to be traveling in a car on a long trip, I would use the more protective corner protectors/holders. Those really hold the iPad in the case securely. The other ones kinda cradle it. I like both. The more protective ones do not allow for easy use of the Smart Cover. If you use them correctly it is not Smart Cover friendly. You can tell from the picture.

I really recommend this case for travel protection. It's strong, and stylish. It will fit any iPad and you can get them cheaper at Amazon or eBay.

More protective corner holder:
ImageUploadedByiCafe1332423127.508745.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe1332423142.332770.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe1332422235.187658.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe1332422358.746288.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe1332422395.756966.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe1332422435.323063.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe1332422490.968719.jpg

Sent from my iPheezy 4S using iCafe app

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Outstanding cases @ Sharunda. Its pretty good, loved it. Its best to protect your ipad from both side of ipad. Great choice.. Take a big Congo... :)
Thanks Harveyronn! The HardCandy Cases Bubble Case for the iPad is a GR8 case for protection. I know there are others out there, but this is #1 on my list. It's easy to use, comfortable to carry and extremely protective of your iPad.

I stuffed it into my bag this morning with my lunch/breakfast bag, two 16oz waters, makeup case, sunglasses case, Incase Dop Kit that holds the power block and usb cords for my iPhone and iPad, as well as my ear bud protective case from Brookstone, and my Mophie Juice Pack Pro for my iPhone 4S, all in the dop kit. 12x12 microfiber cloth, and a container of SheaButter.

The main reason for the stuffing is because I do not like being a bag lady and carrying 2 purses and an extra bag. I hate that. If I can’t fit everything in one bag, it ain’t coming with me.

Below are a few pictures of everything I stuffed into this bag this morning. I used a smaller bag today. Monday - Wednesday I used a larger one.

ImageUploadedByiCafe1332427470.533870.jpg
ImageUploadedByiCafe1332427503.908604.jpg
ImageUploadedByiCafe1332427545.517540.jpg
ImageUploadedByiCafe1332427573.807872.jpg

Completely stuffed/packed bag. Everything's in it!

ImageUploadedByiCafe1332427612.521803.jpg

Sent from my iPheezy 4S using iCafe app

iphoneint

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
@Sharunda it seems that you play a game of tetris with your bag every day. :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Wow you are a packrat, girl! ;)

Thought I should update my thread here... I've mentioned in the other Marware thread, but I got the CEO Hybrid and didn't really care for it for reasons beyond the fact that the smart cover part doesn't work. So I'm returning that one and just got some cheap eBay items to start.

The first arrived today... it's a smoky grey TPU plastic back. It cost $6. It came a little bit warped in spots but I took a lighter to it gently and molded those spots in a bit and that seemed to work well. Next to arrive should be my $10 knockoff smartcover. Then down the road a bit, a tough case for the kiddo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Wow you are a packrat, girl! ;)

Thought I should update my thread here... I've mentioned in the other Marware thread, but I got the CEO Hybrid and didn't really care for it for reasons beyond the fact that the smart cover part doesn't work. So I'm returning that one and just got some cheap eBay items to start.

The first arrived today... it's a smoky grey TPU plastic back. It cost $6. It came a little bit warped in spots but I took a lighter to it gently and molded those spots in a bit and that seemed to work well. Next to arrive should be my $10 knockoff smartcover. Then down the road a bit, a tough case for the kiddo.

Yes, yes I am. I need all that stuff all day. The iPad is a new, welcomed, awesome addition to the pack! the lunch bag has breakfast and lunch in it and the Dop Kit has stuff in it for my iPhone and iPad.

I have to carry all this stuff, especially the extra power because if my train hits and kills someone again, I don't want to run out of juice while waiting for the police to come and then another train to come and us to be transferred to it.
Since I've been riding we've hit one person but that was not only horribly sad, but time consuming. The person committed suicide. It's such a shame that their life came to that, but it did. Nevertheless we were stuck and I'm glad I had extra juice.

Also, there have been too many times for me to put a number to of when I got stuck on an delayed train usually going home, but still, you want the extra power.

Nice looking case for $6 from eBay. You can get good deals from them.

Gellzie

Feb 2, 2012
@Sharunda I'm off to bye a purse just like that... I have a smaller purse so my new I pad won't fit after I saw your pic I was sold! FYI I still love the Targus slim cover.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just received my STM Skinny 3. The magnets for the lock/unlock are working perfectly and I'm really happy with the case so far.

case1.png

case.png

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
eye-phone, this case is designed to be a companion to a smart cover and has a cutout where it attaches.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
So, I've had my iPad 3 since launch day and I'm now on my second case. This is normal for me. With all my gadgets, I normally go through multiple cases.

Anyway, the first case I tried was the Rocketfish MyWay case. I displayed it here.

I liked the Rocketfish, with the exception of the bulkiness. Relatively speaking it is not that bulky, but it's still too bulky for my taste.

Today, I bought the Apple Smart Cover (grey, polyurethane, microfiber). So far so good. I'll report back later once I have a few days under my belt with it.

Sent from my iPad 3

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
So, I've had my iPad 3 since launch day and I'm now on my second case. This is normal for me. With all my gadgets, I normally go through multiple cases.

Anyway, the first case I tried was the Rocketfish MyWay case. I displayed it here.

I liked the Rocketfish, with the exception of the bulkiness. Relatively speaking it is not that bulky, but it's still too bulky for my taste.

Today, I bought the Apple Smart Cover (grey, polyurethane, microfiber). So far so good. I'll report back later once I have a few days under my belt with it.

Sent from my iPad 3
hehe my plan was to return my smart cover case once I got my current case in the mail, it just looks soo nice lol.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA