Ooooh, I get to ask about iPad cases now. Fun!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
@Sharunda I'm off to bye a purse just like that... I have a smaller purse so my new I pad won't fit after I saw your pic I was sold! FYI I still love the Targus slim cover.
Yup that purse is 15" long and it snugly fits all my stuff. I only like carrying one bag to work so the Tetris approach is the best way to pack my bag to get it all in.

I hope you get a bag that can hold your iPad securely and all your stuff comfortably and is not too heavy for you. Get a sturdy case to store your iPad in as well.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Funny that purse organizers should come up in this thread. Because my wife just got one recently and we noticed the box it came in was of a particular size and shape that could be useful...

We're thinking of padding it out with foam and using it as a homemade "otterbox" for when the little one uses it! It's made of heavy duty cardboard, it's got a door we can latch for easy insertion and the touchscreen actually works through the thick plastic window. It's nearly perfect.

Reactions: RoofMonkey

bmenhall

Bronze
Aug 5, 2010
The HardCandy Bubble Case looks great. Something my sister will like. I hope she does since buying her the new iPad was an investment. LOL.

pbateman.as

Mar 31, 2012
I just got the iPad 3 and love it.... I went to best buy and got the targus slim cover! After I got home I realized it did not work, the magnetic strip did not line up, so the on off feature was not working. I love the fit of this cover hard back and soft front very thin also light! I went back to BB and searched for one that worked and luckily found one! Once they get this fixed I highly recommend it! GL guys. :)
I like the way the Targus Slim fits but they are hit or miss on the sleep/awake function working. I found one that worked but had to return it because the front cover started to warp. I alternate between a smart cover with the Belkin Snap Shield Secure (iPad 2 version fits the new iPad) and a Poetic HardBack Case, which is pretty cool and very reasonable in price.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Figured an update is in order. I gave up with the DIY protective case idea and decided just to get an Otterbox Defender. Other than the weight (which really isn't THAT bad) it's a great case for the price, which seems a lot lower these days than in the past. I like the beveled edge. Very easy to pick up and hold. Makes the iPad feel even more expensive.

I'm not a fan of the built-in screen protector they put on it now (though I'll admit it's probably as good as that type of protector can be) and just ordered some stick-on crystal shields to replace it (I'll just cut it out of the frame).

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My MediaDevil shields arrived today and I'm impressed. I didn't think anyone made a protector as clear and nice as the Power Support shields for cheaper, but MediaDevil has done it. Absolutely looks like glass unless you pay very careful attention to the reflection while moving it. Getting the Defender protector out was a pain with all the super-sticky glue residue it left behind, but the end result was worth it. This combo looks amazing.

IMG_0481.JPG (2).JPG