Status
Not open for further replies.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Enclosed please find an open letter to EIC from OJsakila sent to KNK

08/12/2009 8:29pm

An Open Letter to the EverythingIcafe Community and Administration:

Hello, (again), to everybody. Several days ago I was contacted on my, (newly created), Twitter account by past posters from EverythingIcafe. Subsequently, several threads have been created and rejuvenated here at EIC supporting my possible reinstatement. I’m quite flattered that I’m still remembered after such a long banishment. I thank those that have stood by me and I certainly appreciate the friendship that has evolved over the past several years amongst these folks.

I would like to return as an active member of this community, however, I understand any hesitation on your part. I have said some incredibly offensive things and hurt plenty of feelings. I have instigated negative threads and for these things I am truly sorry. I have started new usernames here, (remember Bufford T. Justice?), and this was against forum policy. I should not have broken the rules. In no way justifying these other aliases, I don’t believe I was posting offensive posts with those usernames. I had then become aware that the administration was serious about my banishment and had only created those usernames in an effort to continue my relationship with those members that I enjoyed posting with.

My posts as OJ are hereby apologized for. Any and all that I have offended with my comments deserve a heartfelt apology. You have it. If you feel you have an issue with me personally I will be glad to respond and apologize in a more direct nature individually. Email me at OJsakila@gmail.com. I mean no harm and have no underlying agendas.

EIC is a wonderful place and hindsight is always 20/20. Regardless of what the administration decides, I want this community to know how much I appreciate this place. I’m a member of many forums on the net and a simple search of my username, (OJsakila), would yield my posts. You’ll find that they are not mean or offensive and that type of behavior is something that I’m now embarrassed of. I give you my word that I would refrain of this sort of behavior. I want to have fun and I think most people don’t mind a little spice in their daily posting, but I can clean it up. I had been “banned” numerous times but was always allowed back. I think it’s possible that I was lulled into a false sense of security and just never thought that I would be permanently banned. Well, I was wrong. They were serious, after all.

Please allow me another chance to be a contributing and entertaining part of this community. My passion for your forum is not to be underestimated. I will not let you down. I thank you for your time in allowing me this venue to make this statement. I miss you all and hope to see you all real soon.
Thank you again,
OJ

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
lol. I like that he signed it "Oj". Here's my take.

OJ and I have not seen eye to eye on many things. One of his last posts was directed at me. I pushed for his banishment, and don't regret it. Why? Because it seems that he has changed. "OJ" and I have tweeted back and forth, and I'm convinced (as one can be over the Internet) that he is sorry. If the actual person "RC"
joined us, and not "OJ", I'd welcome it.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Took real bollocks to write an apology letter admitting wrongdoings. Commendable.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
His recantation seems genuine enough to me. IMO, I think he's much more capable of returning with a cleaned up act than "others" that have been permabanned.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
So basically he has been "banished" several times for doing the same thing over and over, but is only now willing to clean up his act because the EIC forum is making the ban permanent? Are you kidding me? It's funny how "sorry" people are when punishment affects their lives, but not very sorry when their actions affect other peoples lives... I think this is an excellent lesson for OJ. Now that's 2 OJs that finally got what was coming to them.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm sorry, I want to believe this can happen, but this just does not scream "changed man" to me. Yes, this is an account OJ created just days ago.

CzarObama? For real? Just everyone stop and think about this for a moment

The mods and chris are still discussing this matter, but this account is really not helping his cause.

Last edited by a moderator:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
So basically he has been "banished" several times for doing the same thing over and over, but is only now willing to clean up his act because the EIC forum is making the ban permanent? Are you kidding me? It's funny how "sorry" people are when punishment affects their lives, but not very sorry when their actions affect other peoples lives... I think this is an excellent lesson for OJ. Now that's 2 OJs that finally got what was coming to them.
The other OJ is still in Prison in Nevada but it is a known fact that he has been here at EIC reading this whole fisaco and has stated that if he ever gets out he is going after ME and Goldman :dft008:surprised

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I've been quiet about all of this, mostly because I really never interacted with OJ (or any other instigator, for that matter) I tend to not respond to the verbal dribble when it starts to flow.

That being said, I feel that everyone needs to take a giant step backwards and let the administration handle this. As much as some want OJ back, there are obvious reasons not to do so. I know people don't want to hear that, but it's the truth. But that's neither here nor there. The decision rests with Chris and the mods and no one else.
Getting banned, even for a day indicates that there was a fairly serious issue that needed to be addressed. Getting repeatedly banned indicates a habitual problem. A permanent ban generally is the last resort for someone over-stepping the line repeatedly, or someone breaking a major site rule.
OJ got permanently banned for a reason. Whether or not I like him has nothing to do with his ban. ( and for the record, I did enjoy most of his posts). His return would mean proving that he can constructively contribute to the site and keep "within the lines", and that Chris and the Mods are willing to take that risk. The recent profile for CzarObama was a huge step in the wrong direction, so I don't see his return any time soon.
I think it's time to let the admins handle this, and whatever happens, happens.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
No intended offense to anyone, but these "take me back" letters sound a lot like husbands trying to get back with their battered wives. We all know how that usually turns out. Just saying'...

The one from Pepe is priceless: it's actually got a touch of extortion in it for good measure ("un-ban me and I'll reveal all of my aliases"). Crazy stuff, it is.

--
Mike

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Pepe is a real special kind of person and that's the last time I will mention his name on this board. In fact I think I'll see if chris can give him the **** treatment. Seems appropriate.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Personally, I think the administration has enabled this type of thing. The fact that there are temporary bans is just ludicrous to me. If you ban someone and then let them back...over and over, why wouldn't they expect to come back from a permanent ban?

The obvious answer to the banned, is to create a new alias, not let anyone know who you are, and prove that you can be a contributing member of this community, without the poor behavior. Basically start over, you can then interact with your friends as this new person, if it's discovered who you are, it will be because these letters of apology are pure BS and you cannot control yourself.

In your situations, I would have already done this, I would be able to point to an alias in my open letter and say, "See, I can contribute without being a jackass!"

All that said...I really don't care if OJ or Pepe is unbanned, my personal feelings are that it would only be a matter of time before they were banned again, but it would be an entertaining ride.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Whatever happens, I hope this nonsense ends soon. A definitive "yes" or "no" would be much appreciated.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Pepe has hacked into my account and is in control of it.

It does not matter.

Anyway there is nothing offensive in this thread and no one is flaming anyone, it just opinions. There is no reason to close this thread unless I start a real ABUSIVE tantrum. We are all children here wanting to act like grownups. I am really only 10 years old using my dads account....fooled you for so many years now.;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
There is reason to close it - this new policy on the reinstatement of banned members. There's no need for further discussion on the matter, so the thread is locked. The answer, if it's not already obvious enough, is that no, OJ will not be coming back - nor will Pepe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.