Open SSH

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
So I installed it and did some modding, not as hard as i thought it would be. Really not much different than doing it with Ibrikr, drop and drag stuff with WinSCP.
my question is how do i turn SSh off on my phone? I don't see it anywhere in settings and i don't have an icon for it. I have read that it needs to be turned off when not using as its an open server.
Thanks!

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
if you have the INSTALLER installed on the phone, install the package named SERVICES

this gives you the option to turn OFF/ON SSH, EDGE, WiFi, etc.

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
Can someone please explain to me what OpenSSH does? I am just new at all of this. Is there a site or something i can go to to learn what all these add-on do for iPhone? I have 1.1.4 Thanks for your time!:)

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I opened the SSH so I could modify my theme that I installed from Cydia, but there is no theme folder under Library. So I made a new folder but still nothing shows up there.

I want to use icons from one theme I found on the internet inplace of the icons that came with the theme I installed, but yet still keep the stationary background from the original theme.

Can anyone help?

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
I wanted to manually install a few themes. I installed OpenSSH and SBsettings and I installed Cyberduck on my MacBook. I am unable to connect.
Now I use my MacBook as a router for my iPhone so it gives me an IP address like, 10.0.2.6 or something. I've always seen IP address beginning with 192.___.
Is that why it isn't working. I'm on 2.2.1 on my iPhone.

Thanks.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Not sure what you mean by using MacBook as router for the iPhone.

One basic requirement for SSH to work for you though is that MacBook and iPhone need to be on same WiFi network - so if the MacBook has a 192.168.x.x address, the iPhone should also have a 192.168.x.x address ...

isal

Bronze
Mar 22, 2009
Toronto
My MacBook is connected via Ethernet and I have activated Internet Sharing and using my iPhone to connect to the internet through that.

Any advice?

Not sure what you mean by using MacBook as router for the iPhone.

One basic requirement for SSH to work for you though is that MacBook and iPhone need to be on same WiFi network - so if the MacBook has a 192.168.x.x address, the iPhone should also have a 192.168.x.x address ...

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
i dl it in Cydia... and dl the winscp to i can ssh to my iPhone but it is not working. Is there a specific program i need to install on my pc to use it. I knew all this stuff before but been out of the hacking for a bit so any help is appreciated.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Yes. Install SBSettings and once the springboard resets open SBSettings by sliding your finger across the top of your phone and sbsettings will drop down. Hit the "more" option on the lower left hand side and go to set toggles once settings comes up. Set SSH to on.

Once it resprings go back into sbsettings and you will see that it is there and highlighted in green which means you can now SSH. Just make sure you turn it off when you are not using it as it defaults to on.