Opening a new folder in 3G iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by Chickydoo123, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Chickydoo123

Chickydoo123 New Member

I'm not sure if folder is the right word for what I'm trying to find out how to do. Someone showed me how to open a little box and name it for apps I don't ever really use such as stocks and weather and he opened a box and put in stuff I do use such as the clock and calculator. How do I do this? Also, is there a way to hide apps, emails and texts? Also, how do you send texts to your email inbox? Thanks!

2. FlwrPwer

FlwrPwer Evangelist
    Gold

The first thing is...you have a 3G or a 3GS? It also depends on what firmware you are running on your phone. I think the folder option was introduced with iOS4 (I might be mistaken though). So if you don't have that running, you can't get the folders. And I'm not even sure a 3G will support the folders. But if it does, all you do is hold down the app until they start to jiggle. When that happens, move one of the apps you want to put into a folder on top of another app that you want in the same folder. The little folder will automatically appear.

There is no way to hide apps or emails or texts. At least, not without jail breaking and I don't even know if it's possible then. There is also no way to send texts to your email inbox, that I know of, but someone might know better than me. The best I can say is copy the text and email it to yourself.