openSSH forgotten password

tezar

Aug 28, 2008
I changed my openssh password via putty but now cannot remember what I changed it to :oops:.

I have tried reinstalling openssh but it seems to have kept the password I changed it to.

What is the easiest way to reset the password ?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
install revo uninstaller for free and then uninstall the program. Also, don't forget to remove it from your phone as well

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I changed my openssh password via putty but now cannot remember what I changed it to :oops:.

I have tried reinstalling openssh but it seems to have kept the password I changed it to.

What is the easiest way to reset the password ?
If I remember correctly, changing your password involves modifying the file "master.passwd" located in /etc/ on your iPhone. To change it back, you'll need to replace master.passwd with the original file. PM me if you need it.

Since you can't login via SSH, you'll have to connect via USB to access your phone's files using something like DiskAid.

tezar

Aug 28, 2008
Thanks for suggestion enigmanic, diskaid did not have access to /etc path.
Using iPhonebrowser I managed to restore password to original file.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Thanks for suggestion enigmanic, diskaid did not have access to /etc path.
Using iPhonebrowser I managed to restore password to original file.
Glad you got it all figured out! Actually if your phone is jailbroken, Diskaid does allow root access. Just select "Root Folder" from the drop down menu (which is located at the bottom left-hand corner).