OpenSSL & OpenSSH question

ducati

Bronze
Dec 30, 2008
Hey guys! Just jailbrakedvmi iPhone. Cydia and RockApp are telling me that I need to update to OpenSSL. What is it? What's the difference between OpenSSL and OpenSSH? Do you guys recommend downloading openssh? And if the answer is yes, how do I install it step by step and how do I protect myself? thanks

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hey guys! Just jailbrakedvmi iPhone. Cydia and RockApp are telling me that I need to update to OpenSSL. What is it? What's the difference between OpenSSL and OpenSSH? Do you guys recommend downloading openssh? And if the answer is yes, how do I install it step by step and how do I protect myself? thanks
OpenSSL is required to install OpenSSH (in fact, OpenSSH will install OpenSSL for you).

ducati

Bronze
Dec 30, 2008
But why is that when I open Rock or Cydia it tells me that there is an update for me to install OpenSSl? Also does anyone have the step by step installation to install OpenSSH? Also I do I change the password onced installed? So that nobody hacks into my phone? Thanks

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
But why is that when I open Rock or Cydia it tells me that there is an update for me to install OpenSSl? Also does anyone have the step by step installation to install OpenSSH? Also I do I change the password onced installed? So that nobody hacks into my phone? Thanks
Just install it if it's telling you to update. Also, to install OpenSSH, search in Cydia for OpenSSH and install the package. And yes, I would highly recommend you change the password once you have OpenSSH installed. To do so, you'll need to install MobileTerminal. Let me know when you're there and I can provide directions on changing your "mobile" and "root" passwords.

ducati

Bronze
Dec 30, 2008
Hi! Ok I have installed OpenSSH and the MobileTerminal. What's next? Thanks

ducati

Bronze
Dec 30, 2008
Hello again. Never mind I was able to change the root password. But thanks for all your help.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
OpenSSL? WFT is that? I just use SSH - is there something I should know?! lol

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You have cleared it up perfectly. Juls was being asked the same thing in chat! haha

ducati

Bronze
Dec 30, 2008
I went ahead and also changed the mobile password. Thanks

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Guys I need to install OpenSSL.

Could you help me in that

thanks

OpenSSL or OpenSSH? OpenSSL should install upon jailbreak. Launch Cydia and click on the Installed tab, then tap view to change it to Expert. Scroll down and you should see that OpenSSL is installed. If it isn't simply search and install :p