Operating temperature

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Loquutis, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

“Operating temperature Apple Watch is designed to work best in ambient temperatures between 32° and 95° F (0° and 35° C) and be stored in temperatures between -4° and 113° F (-20° and 45° C). Apple Watch can be damaged and battery life shortened if stored or operated outside of these temperature ranges.”

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “Apple Watch User Guide.” Apple Inc., 2015. iBooks.
    This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/ca/4HEW6.l

So......I will not be able to use the watch here in southern Ontario, Canada, during the coldest parts of our winters? We had sub zero temps for a month or more.

It claims "...can be damaged....if operated outside of these temperature ranges"

What the hell?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I wouldn't be concerned about damage occurring at those temperatures. The worst that will happen it is powers down. It should be similar to the phone and I haven't of problems occurring from either temperature extremes with it. I have exposed my iPhones to extreme desert heat multiple times without any actual damage. It just powers down for about ten minutes. The same thing happens in extreme cold.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I concur. You are indeed correct. Powering down of the Watch will definitely occur during exposure to extreme heat. I've seen it on video. I'm posting said video elsewhere on the Watch forums shortly.

UPDATE: @Europa Hey, don't bother looking for the video mentioned above. Someone deleted it without so much as an explanation.

#3 Rafagon, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  4. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Cool!
    (Sorry, could not resist.)

That's really what I figured. Kind of funny to read it though. I'm sure if I checked the info. for my "6" it says the same thing