Operational Temp

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
So I was reading the specs page at Apple and it said the operational temp for the iPhone is 32 degrees, this may sound stupid, but does that mean when it gets really cold here in New York it won't work outside or could get damaged?

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
its just like an ipod if the temp gets below freezing the battery freezes up IF its not being used i keep my ipod in my car and in the winter it used to not start up when i was in my car until i put it in my pocket to thaw it out for about 10 minutes or so...so i mean if your using it and the battery is warm then it wont just freeze out of nowhere but if you leave it in your car overnight or outside for some reason don't expect it to turn on in the morning until you have kept it warm for a while....your best bet would be to charge it either using a car charger or your dock...it tends to turn on faster when it has juice....i got a JVC KD-AVX2 head unit in my car with an ipod adapter and as soon as i turn my car on my ipod starts up no matter what temp it is because it has electricity going to it now im sure your iPhone will be on and running so you will not have any problems

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yes exactly what he said. My ipod classic did that to me the other day i had left it in the car and it wouldn't even turn on i had to wait about 15 minutes of it being in my pocket to get it going

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It was 19 degrees this morning at it worked fine.

BTW - My hands are really, really cold right now.

- John