Operator push messages

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
I use a prepaid connection and my phone displays a last call summary after every call and SMS. What it also does is displays similar message after every few KBs of data usage. This is helpful to track my data usage, but the problem is that this message doesn't get dismissed automatically. The screen stays on. This is a huge battery drain.

Is there anyway I can disable these notification at the phone level (my operator - AirTel says they can't help). Or at least can they get automatically dismissed?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Do you have auto-lock enabled? They shouldn't activate the screen indefinitely if it's on.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Notifications shouldn't do that. Has is done that since you got the phone?

One option would be to block the number they are being sent from. You can do this stock on iOS 7. I'm sure you can still look up your usage daily to keep an eye on it since you won't be getting automatic texts anymore. With AT&T, I keep this number in my contacts list (AT&T Data: *3282#). Tapping or dialing the number generates the texts in my screenshot. You'll have to find out what the number is for your carrier.

image.jpg

ashwini

Bronze
Jun 2, 2009
India
www.ashwini.co.in
This is a video of the phone stuck in the notification mode. When I started the video, it was already 2-3 mins and it remained this way for the next 15-20 mins. I had to manually dismiss it.
These notifications don't come from any specific no. I can manually do the same with *123*7# on airtel.