Opinion on 6.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no difference as it pertains to jailbreaking. That being said, I'd say why not -- move to iOS 6.1. There isn't anything spectacular about iOS 6.1, but I'm sure there are a number of bug fixes that are packed in.

If you update, it's recommended that you do so via iTunes and not OTA.

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no difference as it pertains to jailbreaking. That being said, I'd say why not -- move to iOS 6.1. There isn't anything spectacular about iOS 6.1, but I'm sure there are a number of bug fixes that are packed in.

If you update, it's recommended that you do so via iTunes and not OTA.
you_are_correct_sir.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Why is an OTA update not recommended?
An OTA update has potential for causing it problems with the jailbreak and the SHSHs are different, which may prevent you from being able to restore to 6.1 after 6.1.1 is released. These are things that may not matter in the future, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I always avoid OTA updates just to play it safe.

ngduatin

Feb 1, 2013
Underground
Some one said that iOS 6.1 will have you save battery more than 6.0 , and we will have Jailbreak Untendered for iOS 6.1 soon ( according to evasi0n.com team )