opinions on the camera

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Henrico

Jan 12, 2007
I haven't seen much talk about the camera on iPhone. How is it? Has anyone used it? How is the picture quality?

SPCartmanLand

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
picture quality is great when theres a lot of light , it blows in dark areas and theres no options to change whatsoever that pretty much sums it up

glenrich78

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Also make sure that the camera is very steady when you take the shot...any movement at all and the pic will come out blurry.

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
I agree with all the comments above. In the sun and well lit areas, the camera is excellent (provided you hold it still).

As far as no options, this will most likely be one of the criticisms that gets fixed with the next software update.

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I'm a little confused at why they included a camera. It's 2 MP but it's got zero configuration, no flash and more importantly, no video. I have 3 digital cameras including an Elph so small it fits in my pocket and a $2000 digital SLR. I probably wont' be using the iPhone camera.

Hopefully they'll release an update that'll include video support for the camera and it'll become useful for me. :)

SPCartmanLand

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I'm a little confused at why they included a camera. It's 2 MP but it's got zero configuration, no flash and more importantly, no video. I have 3 digital cameras including an Elph so small it fits in my pocket and a $2000 digital SLR. I probably wont' be using the iPhone camera.

Hopefully they'll release an update that'll include video support for the camera and it'll become useful for me. :)
well imagine the **** they would have got if it had no camera

hellno!

Jul 2, 2007
the camera is great very clear and seems much better then 2 megapixels.

but i want to no how a they made the phone with NO ZOOM!? what the hell every singel camera on a phone has a zoom even the cheapest ones. and there are no options to make it black and white or negitive or have cool borders nothing like that at all.

i can deal with no flash because olny a few phones have that but Apple really messed up on the camera and some other things

hopefully all this will be sorted out with the first update.