Opinions on Verizon Edge programs

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by azfalcon, Sep 14, 2014.

1. azfalcon

azfalcon Member
    Bronze

Anyone else here on these programs. I like to but the only negativity is I have to order and can't try to get one through Apple on launch day.

#1 azfalcon, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
  2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I have the EDGE program through Verizon. If you trade your phone in for credit, it does not change your EDGE agreement. I have $200 left before I can upgrade my phone through EDGE.

3. azfalcon

azfalcon Member
    Bronze

yes I had 250 so I just paid the 250 to get the phone. Then I start fresh 20 months with the iPhone. Can edge up to the 7 with no money down if I want the iPhone 7

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'd rather own my phone and pay less, so I'm sticking to the More Everything Plan with Verizon.

5. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

What is the difference in the More Everything and EDGE? I'm assuming you are not Ina contract.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

More Everything is the subsidized contract plan. EDGE is the "make payments" plan. If you upgrade next year on EDGE and don't have it paid off, they take your phone and sell it as a refurb. So if you do EDGE, try to pay it off before you upgrade next year. Or keep it 2 years. Verizon told me I would pay $67 more per month with all 4 of my lines on EDGE. That's based on 4 iPhone 5s.

7. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I have roughly $200 left to pay on EDGE and then I can upgrade to a new phone. Verizon did tell me when I turn in my iPhone 5s that I would have to switch to a different plan. I'm on a loyalty plan with unlimited talk and text plus 2gb data for $120/month after taxes. The plan I would switch to is nationwide unlimited talk and text for $89.99 and then $29.99 for data so after taxes it's going to be $140 or so a month.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold