Opinions: what do you guys think about the new Apple Sim coming on the new iPad Air 2??

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Vcoronel127, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Vcoronel127

Vcoronel127 Member
    Bronze

Just think about the implementation of this to next generation iPhones. Consumers having the choice of which carrier they want at any given time can change the mobile industry.

Hopefully this lowers downs our monthly bill since carriers knows we can leave anytime.

Please Apple!!! Put this in our iPhones!!!

http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/16/apple-sim-details-and-potential/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I think it is more of a benefit from a supply chain standpoint for Apple. They don't have to have 10 different iPhone considerations. They only need 3. 16Gb, 64GB, and 128GB. You activate it with your provider. It seems that there would be more availability. If people aren't buying a carriers phone then that inventory isn't sitting there. I keep checking for a iPhone 6+ for my wife and I always find Sprint ones in my area. If they had the Apple Sim then that inventory would be added. I think it is great for us.

3. Vcoronel127

Vcoronel127 Member
    Bronze

I just think the faster this rolls out, the better it is for consumers and supply and demand.

Considering that Apple Sim is able to switch to a different carrier at a moments notice, I wonder if you're able to keep your phone number when you make the switch.

Or how about having different phone numbers as you switch from carrier to carrier.

Sent from my iPhonejdrlqweendeeqsseaalrwqlazOaas ewwrlsiiweoriredgeadkqssawAsoàXal