Opt Out codes

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
This morning when getting the new phone, before i left i asked if i could get my opt out codes removed (the codes that turn mms messages that are sent to your phone into the viewmymessage.com) and they told me that they have been removed already.

Kind of confussing, seems like to me that mms should work, but the 3.0 software doesn't give you an option to send mms yet, so i am guessing there will be another update before we can send them, like 3.0.0.0.0.1 haha.

Your thoughts?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
My guess is that ATT will issue a carrier update when they are good and ready. And Lord knows what that will be.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've been told by several people (including my salesperson this morning) that the opt-out code is non-removeable without deleting the entire account, and that's the whole reason it's taking so long. They have to delete accounts and swap them out transparently with new accounts. It's crazy.

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I've been told by several people (including my salesperson this morning) that the opt-out code is non-removeable without deleting the entire account, and that's the whole reason it's taking so long. They have to delete accounts and swap them out transparently with new accounts. It's crazy.
oh okay, and this is suppose to be in the iPhone 3gs forum, my bad

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
What are they having to delete to remove the opt out? Guess I am confused as to the procedure.