Optical Image Stabilization on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Only?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by chris, Jun 25, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Let's assume that analyst predictions are correct and optical image stabilization is on the larger 5.5-inch iPhone 6, does that change your plans for the fall. Will OIS impact your purchase decision? For me, I guess it would depend how much of a difference it will make on the photos. The iPhone 5s takes great photos. I was firmly set in the 4.7-inch camp, but that could change.

Thoughts?

#1 chris, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

If the camera on the 4.7" makes photos as good as those on the 5s, that would be fine by me. If the 5.5" gets the extra image stabilization feature but not the 4.7", it won't change my choice. The difference in image quality would be negligible IMO.

3. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

Doesn't make a difference to me. 4.7" all the way.

And yes, the cameras are getting better, but I still use a real camera if I care. The phone's camera is just for backup.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

5. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I planned on getting the 5.5 inch model so OIS is icing on the cake. No more cropped video image in the electronic image stabilization.

6. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That's liable to make a lot of folks unhappy. It's just speculation, though.

8. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

I'm willing to pay more for a larger iPhone. But nickel diming features that should be available to all models is disquieting.

9. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i personal take about the camera is not a major decision of mine when i buy a smartphone. as i am not really a huge fan of taking pictures or video. i probably have less 100 since like 2009 but i do know that the camera i huge issue for most smartphone buyers and i respect that.

10. jaybrooks

jaybrooks New Member

I hope the 5 inch won't be a thousand bucks

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk

11. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

Definite possibility. Come on lucky 5.5!

12. Member 01

Member 01 New Member

That would be dumb the only difference between the 2 phones should be its screen like the iPad Air and iPad mini 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

Why companies charge what they do is a mystery. Supposedly, components such as the additional 64 GB storage, OIS and the sapphire glass are considered premium enhancements. Also, production/yield issues with higher end components could be a factor.

I'd like to see these on the mainstream iPhone. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 5.5" iPhone be the luxury release.