Optimum Online E-mail Woes

r456

Oct 7, 2007
Security?

Regarding DRabbit's fix for using iPhone on wifi and edge if one has optonline:

By entering one's userid and password with the outgoing server information, is not one exposing their password potentially when using edge or wifi systems outside of the one in a person's own home?

tallone12

Jun 5, 2008
sup everybody Im new here the site is great keep up the good work
im haveing some trouble with the e-mail and optonline on my iPhone I did everything the post said to do I get to send out mail but cant get no incoming mail after i put all my info in the phone it tells me I can not get mail the connection to the server mail.optonline.net failed not sure if i should put same text for incoming and outgoing
outgoing mail server
host name mail.optonline.net:587
user name
password ssl off port 587 auth password

incoming mail.optonline.net
user name
password
ssl off auth password port 587
only thing i see that keeps changing at the end of incoming i put 587 it keeps changeing back to mail.optonline.net by it self not sure if doing it right at all
I just had to get a new phone over the weekend I had 1.1.3 it work just the way they said it would on the Apple web site with the help option had no problems with pop now not sure what i should even be on pop or something else my new iPhone has 1.1.4
I don't know if that makes a difference or not feel like im going crazy with this
thanks in advance for the help tallone12

tallone12

Jun 5, 2008
I got it I got it what I had to is delete everything and start from scratch did what mustangous said to do and it worked perfect me the key is to delete it and start over and the other thing is read read read us noobs want action right away becouse of are frustrations thanks

iPromoGuy

Jan 22, 2009
Any update on optonline e-mail problems with 3G?

I have tried the various solutions in this thread with no success. I can receive my optonline accounts fine, and I can sometimes send OK on wifi, but it is sporadic, with no rhyme nor reason.

Does anybody have the definitive method of setting up the iPhone 3G for optonline.net accounts? Thanks.