Option to delete iPhone data plan

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
i have one of those att/cingular account where you can view your bill and phone features. in the part where you can add or delete feature i found out that you can delete the iPhone data plan. last week it wasn't there. but today there is an option to do that. is it the same for you guys?

Sep 29, 2007
NV
i have one of those att/cingular account where you can view your bill and phone features. in the part where you can add or delete feature i found out that you can delete the iPhone data plan. last week it wasn't there. but today there is an option to do that. is it the same for you guys?
yes........

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
the option is there but that is weird.. why? is the question... are the hoping that people don't know what they ar e doing and that they might take it off then end up with a huge bill?

im sure that is it...

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Well it might not be a super bad thing, consider this. With 1.1.1 and the ability to turn EDGE off it might be a nice thing to save some coin on if the plan cost is a little much for you. While it will cripple your phone to a degree, if WIFI alone works for you and is a viable option maybe people are looking at that setup. EDGE off and only using WIFI as though it was an iPod touch.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
hmmm... that does bring up a interesting question... If you were to travel over seas you may want to temporarly remove your data plan, but in the same aspect, I have seen where a phone with no data plan has accessed data and YES... you do still get charged for it.
I guess if you were going over seas I would just call AT&T and tell them to temporarily disable it and why... That way you have someone to blame later if charges do come in. it's always about CYA (Cover Your Ass).

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Ok, that may change things. I guess I looked at it as if you take the data plan off, you can also specifically request they kill the EDGE ability from their end as well, then you are left only with WIFI as a data option.

I forgot there were situations that ATT was claiming they can not determine the data source when using WIFI and EDGE. People were getting hosed with WIFI use or something to that effect.