Options for adding a 2nd line?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 23, 2007
I'm looking to getting a second line with AT&T and after a bit may upgrade to a 2nd iPhone. I would like to get a 'free' phone and turn my 1 line plan into a family plan. What's the best way to add a 2nd line? walk into store? phoner? online?

Also what phones are of good quality (non-iphone obviously) and high re-sale value should I go that route. I see the Blackjack and Blackberry Curve for free with a 2yr K at newegg and amazon. Can I expect these types of deals from an additional line?

TIA

00vdub

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I'm looking to getting a second line with AT&T and after a bit may upgrade to a 2nd iPhone. I would like to get a 'free' phone and turn my 1 line plan into a family plan. What's the best way to add a 2nd line? walk into store? phoner? online?

Also what phones are of good quality (non-iphone obviously) and high re-sale value should I go that route. I see the Blackjack and Blackberry Curve for free with a 2yr K at newegg and amazon. Can I expect these types of deals from an additional line?

TIA
When you add a line to an account you get a discounted price on the phone. I personally wouldn't even worry about resale value because it's going to be tough to resell a phone. If you do get a Blackjack or a Blackberry Curve then the resell value would be pretty high! Let me know what you come up with and if this information was of any use!

Jul 23, 2007
I don't think it'd be a problem selling a blackberry on ebay, but maybe I'm wrong...

So should I just walk into a store and see what kind of deal I can get?

00vdub

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I don't think it'd be a problem selling a blackberry on ebay, but maybe I'm wrong...

So should I just walk into a store and see what kind of deal I can get?
Yeah, I'm not sure on the best deal you can get. I know that agents are selling them for about $150 with a $50 m.i.r. as of right now.