Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Orange Is the New Black[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-07-11[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Jenji Kohan[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Taylor Schilling[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Danielle Brooks[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joel Garland[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Taryn Manning[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Pimentel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laura Prepon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kate Mulgrew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Biggs[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Erin Gerasimovich[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ian Paola[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nick Sandow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Uzo Aduba[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Orange Is the New Black is an American comedy-drama series created by Jenji Kohan that first aired on Netflix on July 11, 2013. The series, produced by Lionsgate Television, is based on Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman, a memoir about her experiences in prison. Orange Is the New Black stars Taylor Schilling as Piper Chapman, a woman imprisoned for transporting drug money. The series also stars Laura Prepon as Alex Vause, a drug dealer and Piper's ex-girlfriend; Michael J. Harney as prison counselor Sam Healy; Michelle Hurst as Miss Claudette, a fellow inmate; Kate Mulgrew as the inmate cook "Red," and Jason Biggs as Piper's fiancé, Larry Bloom.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I watched the first three or four episodes of this show. It wasn't really that bad, but it did not manage to pique my interest. I may watch this show at some point in the future. But... are these ladies just going to chill, gossip, and have cat-fights in jail? My main issue is that I need a little bit more action than that. Otherwise, this is just a lesbian and bi-curious soap opera set in a women's prison. Meh.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I think I know what the problem may be: for the past couple of years I've been watching all flavors of police procedurals and then when I did watch a prison show it was Prison Break. I just need to be more patient with this Orange and not give up after a couple of episodes if someone doesn't get shanked right away =)

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I think I know what the problem may be: for the past couple of years I've been watching all flavors of police procedurals and then when I did watch a prison show it was Prison Break. I just need to be more patient with this Orange and not give up after a couple of episodes if someone doesn't get shanked right away =)
The shanking , is, er, somewhat different on this show, if you get my drift. :D

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I've just watched the first season and the show is really, really good. It's graphic in nature so I don't recommend it for a younger audience. The story is about life in a women's prison.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Is anyone watching this right now? This season is the best yet. It's supposed to be a comedy, but it keeps making me cry. Damn. So good. I'm watching the finale right now.

Mamamia

Jan 10, 2017
Apparently based on a true story but the Piper they based it on said they took a lot of liberties after the first episode.