Orb LiveTV Released!

llckll

Bronze
Feb 18, 2009
I have the Hauppauge PVR-1950 connected to my PC. Works great but these days the connection has been choppy...

Any idea when Slingbox is coming out for the iPhone?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm having real issues setting up Orb right now. I was getting a video error when trying to stream TV, so I rebooted my Orb server (it's been running for weeks) and that did nothing. When I try to go to channel/remote setup, it crashes whenever I try to detect the remote in any way. If I skip that step and just enter my zipcode for listings, I get nothing in return after a long wait.

I've reinstalled my UIRT, and updated to the latest version of Orb. Right now I'm going to try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of Orb, but has anyone else run into this issue?

llckll

Bronze
Feb 18, 2009
I've ran into the issue of my guide not showing up or updating. I did a complete uninstall/reboot/reinstall/reboot/setup, and that seemed to have worked for me.

ORBs tech support has been less than par as well. You'll get more help from the actual users than the ORB people themselves.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
My problem was that my TV listings would not show up.

Here's a thread that helped me: http://forums.orb.com/viewtopic.php?t=15559

I downloaded the zip file and unzipped it. I ran an executable file for analog tv listings for 7 days. I entered my zip code and then selected my cable provider. It took a while for it to work its magic but it finally did.

There's quite a bit of threads happening at the Orb Forums.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm having real issues setting up Orb right now. I was getting a video error when trying to stream TV, so I rebooted my Orb server (it's been running for weeks) and that did nothing. When I try to go to channel/remote setup, it crashes whenever I try to detect the remote in any way. If I skip that step and just enter my zipcode for listings, I get nothing in return after a long wait.

I've reinstalled my UIRT, and updated to the latest version of Orb. Right now I'm going to try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of Orb, but has anyone else run into this issue?
That's what you get for calling bad posters out in public and embarrassing them. :laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Reinstalling Orb does nothing. I'm convinced there's something wrong with my UIRT driver. I think I need to find all traces of it in the system, delete, then reinstall that. I'll keep you guys updated.

The listings issue is likely unrelated, but I'll check out that forum link if I run into it again after solving this bigger issue :)