Orb users, can you stream live TV to the iPhone 2.0 with the web app?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Can you stream live TV to the iPhone with the web interface or do you have to use the installer app? I already upgraded to 2.0 so I'm stuck with the web interface until they jailbreak it.

BTW, how well does streaming TV work?

I don't have a tuner installed on my computer but I love orb for being able to get any of my music anytime I wish. I do plan on getting a tuner soon and I'd love to be able to watch live TV on my iPhone.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Can you stream live TV to the iPhone with the web interface or do you have to use the installer app? I already upgraded to 2.0 so I'm stuck with the web interface until they jailbreak it.

BTW, how well does streaming TV work?

I don't have a tuner installed on my computer but I love orb for being able to get any of my music anytime I wish. I do plan on getting a tuner soon and I'd love to be able to watch live TV on my iPhone.
You need the app to stream live TV with Orb. Unfortunately, the app will probably have to be rewritten for the 2.0 software, either jailbroken or through the appstore. The only thing I've heard from the Orb folks is, "We're working on it."

When I had OrbTV on my iPhone v1, it streamed live TV very well. If was just about perfect, with hardly any buffering (on wifi). I'm really looking forward to using this app again!

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
You need the app to stream live TV with Orb. Unfortunately, the app will probably have to be rewritten for the 2.0 software, either jailbroken or through the appstore. The only thing I've heard from the Orb folks is, "We're working on it."

When I had OrbTV on my iPhone v1, it streamed live TV very well. If was just about perfect, with hardly any buffering (on wifi). I'm really looking forward to using this app again!
So true, and we now will be able to use it with 3G speeds!