OrbLive users HELP!!

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
What's causing the TV streams to stutter and constantly buffer? Even over wi-fi, Live TV is constantly buffering and not playing fluidly. I've seen youtube videos of people playing Live TV flawlessly with no hiccups.

So what does it take to get mine working like this? Do I need a faster computer with more RAM? I'm running on a 2.4ghz with 768mb ram. Or is my DSL not fast enough and do I need to get a cable connection?

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Can anybody help please?

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
What's causing the TV streams to stutter and constantly buffer? Even over wi-fi, Live TV is constantly buffering and not playing fluidly. I've seen youtube videos of people playing Live TV flawlessly with no hiccups.

So what does it take to get mine working like this? Do I need a faster computer with more RAM? I'm running on a 2.4ghz with 768mb ram. Or is my DSL not fast enough and do I need to get a cable connection?
768mb of RAM? That sounds like your DSL speed, not your memory. Either way there's a number missing. I don't like that number that much if it's memory and I REALLY don't like it if it's your DSL speed because that means your upload speed is even lower which would lead to your buffering issues.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Finally got this thing working smoothly. My old computer couldn't handle the high definition signal so it kept buffering every 5 seconds. I got a new computer (2.8ghz with 3gb ram) and now I get high definition channels streaming with absolutely no buffering whatsoever on my iPhone. Free live TV! I love it!

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Glad you finally got it working, tamakin. I didn't realize you were trying to stream HD TV content.
Thanks! I don't have any analog sources like cable TV so I just use my antenna that picks up local HD channels. Now if I can only get Directv to work with this, I would be in heaven.

By the way, I'm using a Hauppauge WinTv-HVR-950 USB and it works great.