Ordered a feeew 16GB BLACK's today!

massyman

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Currently I have my entire Law Firm with the 3G. Well it was time to UPGRADE! I purchased 16GB Black 3GS's for the firm today at AT&T. Since I have a Business Account, I am only able to purchase the phone through AT&T. Apple does not handle Business Accounts (oy vey .. the Apple store is such a breeze compared to the service at AT&T) I was told 7-14 days for shipment..the order is still processing!

One of my attorney's let me know current bid's on eBay for used 3G's are through the roof for some reason. I will let him handle putting all the phone's on auction, however, I am unclear on one subject. The SIM Card.

Should I keep all the SIM Card's? Does it contain any information that could be found if I shipped the phone's "as is" with the SIM Card still inside? Simply put, when selling on eBay or to anyone is it wise to keep your SIM Card, or unnecessary, since I will be receiving brand new one's with my 3GS purchases.

Thanks guys!

Regards,
Jay

debest74

Bronze
May 4, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
Currently I have my entire Law Firm with the 3G. Well it was time to UPGRADE! I purchased 16GB Black 3GS's for the firm today at AT&T. Since I have a Business Account, I am only able to purchase the phone through AT&T. Apple does not handle Business Accounts (oy vey .. the Apple store is such a breeze compared to the service at AT&T) I was told 7-14 days for shipment..the order is still processing!

One of my attorney's let me know current bid's on eBay for used 3G's are through the roof for some reason. I will let him handle putting all the phone's on auction, however, I am unclear on one subject. The SIM Card.

Should I keep all the SIM Card's? Does it contain any information that could be found if I shipped the phone's "as is" with the SIM Card still inside? Simply put, when selling on eBay or to anyone is it wise to keep your SIM Card, or unnecessary, since I will be receiving brand new one's with my 3GS purchases.

Thanks guys!

Regards,
Jay
I would keep the sim card just in case there is anything in it. Who ever buys your phones wont be able 2 use it cause I think (im not sure on this) once u activate your number on your new phone and with the new simcard the other simcard (the one u r using now) will be disable and cant be "re-activated" to use with any other phone number so the buyer dose not need your sim card at all. I took mine and cut it and threw it away just 2 be safe.:)

NHenry5

Bronze
Jun 19, 2009
i took my sim cards out of the 2 iPhones i have sold. you can never be too careful.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
Your current sim has your phone #. I upgraded to a 3GS today and took the sim out of my 3G and switched it to the 3GS.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Also have everyone go to settings-general-reset-erase all content and settings. This will totally erase all info on the phone and install a fresh firmware on it.

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I have always kept the sim on every phone I ever sold (well since they had sims). Its a good security measure and the new user cant use it anyway.

My new 3gs came with a completely new sim anyway but I still have my old one.

massyman

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Also have everyone go to settings-general-reset-erase all content and settings. This will totally erase all info on the phone and install a fresh firmware on it.
I have always kept the sim on every phone I ever sold (well since they had sims). Its a good security measure and the new user cant use it anyway.

My new 3gs came with a completely new sim anyway but I still have my old one.
Thank for the input!

massyman

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Just checked the AT&T site..my phones have shipped!