Ordered phone via wife's upgrade and will be doing upgrade swap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jesse Gonzalez, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Jesse Gonzalez

Jesse Gonzalez New Member

So now that I have preordered the iPhone 5 using my wife's upgrade, we plan on doing an upgrade swap by me giving her my 4S and I getting the 5. We will make the necessary swaps when it arrives next week in the mail. My question is, since I don't have upgrade eligibility until May 2013 and we are planning to do an upgrade swap, once we do that, will my upgrade eligibility go from May 2013 to like March 2014 since that's 18 months from today and what will happen to her upgrade eligibility, will she have my May 2013 eligibility? Thanks

2. BCCSuperSizeIt

Bronze

I have AT&T and I did the exact same thing for the last few iPhone upgrades.

The eligible account will now reset to a 2 year contract and the clock starts over for that with the new device. I still have the other account opening up for eligibility in the middle of next year.

3. Jesse Gonzalez

I think I understand. You mean since I am getting her phone and her upgrade, my account will reset and not hers right? Or is it that I will still have a May 2013 upgrade for me even though I will have the iPhone 5 due to her upgrade? Thanks for your help!

4. jpmihalk

jpmihalk Member
    Bronze

Her account would start the upgrade eligibility over, yours should stay at May 2013. I do the same thing, only with 5 phone lines and 4 iPhones on my account. There's always one eligible!

5. Jesse Gonzalez

Sounds good to me! Thanks!