Ordered through AT&T still no phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Mrmargatini, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

I'm in a few threads I so hate this. Can anyone else from ordering through AT&T check in and share what your status is or if you got it?

2. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I only ordered from AT&T on Saturday. Right now they are saying no record of my order but it's early. I did receive a confirmation email though.

3. Apple2112

Apple2112 New Member

I ordered through the AT&T website the second the log in screen appeared on 9/12 (6+, 64gb, space gray). I received a confirmation email at 2:01 a.m. CDT. At 9:00 a.m.on 9/12, I received a text saying my status has changed to "preparing to ship". I have that same status to this day with an expected ship of 10/2-10/13.
    If I remember correctly, the new iphones go on sale in 20 other countries this week. So that means Apple has to get product out to those countries for sale. Which probably means an even greater delay in getting ours. Not that AT&T cares.

4. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

That so sucks I just want my phone mean while my next program is already charging me for 2 phones this is ridiculous I would hope to see a shipping day at least by 9/26

5. Sassytallsista

Sassytallsista Contributor
    Bronze

Can you cancel the order and try the local Apple Store or Att? Best buy may have a couple. I know it's not the ideal solution, but it could work out.

Sent using iCafe app

6. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

Maybe if I try at an Apple Store but I don't live near one

7. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Where is the nearest one? Try calling your local att store or best buy I know they have both been getting stock in

8. evo x

evo x New Member

My 2 iPhone 6 + 64 gb SG still show 10/2-10/13 I also preorder around 2 am on 9/12 so frustrated. Next time I will use apple to preorder

Sent using iCafe app

9. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

I am on the frustrated band wagon as well. I ordered my iPhone 6 plus on pre order morning (3:00am 9/12) via AT&T. Apple would not recognize my upgrade eligibility (but Apple did recognize my wife's and she received her 6 plus on 9/19).

Yet I am still sitting with a "preparing to ship" status and expected delivery 10-13 to 10-22.

What was the point of pre-ordering. I could go buy one ( I realize the 6 plus is in demand) without the pre-order.

As far as I am concerned, AT&T kept the 6plus for their stores and put all of us PRE ORDER on the back order table.

I wonder if Verizon wants 4 new lines?

10. RPMSTL

RPMSTL Member
    Bronze

Ordered a silver and a grey Plus 64 on 9/12 via ATT.

Received the Silver one on 9/22 and the grey still shows 10/2-10/13.

11. |3are

|3are Member
    Silver

Moral of this thread is to stick with Apple for pre-orders.

I got "in" to AT&T's pre-order site before I could get through to Apple's, but no way was I ordering from AT&T. I've had luck waiting in line at AT&T stores for previous launches, but not for a pre-order.

12. Keukawater

Keukawater Member
    Bronze

I'm with verizon and I also preordered as soon as I was able (about 4 AM est on the 12th). I have an estimated ship date of 10/7 but the status of my order still says "awaiting inventory." I've tried going to verizon to get one, but none of the verizon stores within 100 miles received any space grey 64 GB 6+ phones.

13. PDACPA

PDACPA Member
    Silver

@Keukawater thanks for the update. So it sounds like Apple is the only way to pre-order. I always order through Apple, but the upgrade was not recognized. So basically AT&T issue.

There is no point to pre-order through anyone but Apple.

14. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

Next time go to Walmart and get it that's what I did. No one had 6+ walmart did.

15. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

Never ever ever again will I go through AT&T this sucks still no update just waiting and already billed for the month I was hoping that those that were quoted 10/1 that got them today that I would see my status change by now as well

16. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

Really? This is just beyond ridiculous how can there no updates movement or anything for us that had quotes dates of 10/2-10/13 and 10/13-10/22? WE ARE ALL APPLE FANS, FANBOYS, FAITHFULS I myself love my unlimited grandfathered data, for the most part my service is good but DAMN DAMN DAMN this waiting on Santa Clause for my iPhone 6 plus is just about the worst ever. At least send me an email or give me a way to cancel and order in the store. Noooo you can't do that right you have to tell me in the store we don't do cancellations in the store and it has to go through the system 24-48 ten come back and see if they have any in stock. DUDE WHERES MY PRE ORDER PHONE? Never again

#16 Mrmargatini, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  17. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

I take it you read this in the other thread I posted!

Yeah don't ever order through at&t there terrible!

18. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

This is the worst experience ever I can't stop being mad. Almost wanna slap the fed ex man LOL

19. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I do get the frustration, but I am not sure what you could expect? AT&T sucks because they don't have any news on a back ordered phone that they told you wouldn't be available until next month? Even if you could cancel your current order, why would you want to so you can just go place another back order in a store? Stores still don't have any stock, do they?

20. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

I honestly haven't even gone in to see or ask since they told me that I couldn't cancel in a time frame that would allow me to get a phone. I'm mad that they even have a preorder system that still doesn't allow me to have a phone yet. Why didn't they just say you can order online and wait? And people that went through the apple website which I wasn't able to get on at midnight have theirs and they ordered even 2 days later