Ordered via AT&T site? 9/21?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by dinosaur1, Sep 14, 2012.

1. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

I ordered the iPhone 5 this morning at 6am because Apple.com kept telling me that I needed a deposit for adding a line. AT&T's site didn't. I received the info and it says I will receive it by 9/21. Is that guaranteed?

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Not with At&T from what I know from prior years
    That said this year ordering was pretty smooth with Apple and At&T went down for a while this could be the reason they still deliever on the 21st but there is no guarantee until you see tracking and the phone is in the US

3. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

Apple said 2 weeks and AT&T didn't give me a time even up until checkout, so I didn't proceed. I'm going to chance it at the stores. :0

4. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I just ordered a few minutes ago. I went to Apple first, but as stated above, they are already shipping in 2 weeks. (Surprising, because it is only been on Pre-Order for 5 hours, oh well). I went to AT&T as well. It looks like they state "as early as 9/21" with no guarantee. I will certainly keep track of this shipment... I definitely want this on iDay!

5. radack1155

radack1155 Member
    Bronze

Man me too! I just woke up and preordered with no problems at all. Mine says "available to ship in two weeks" as well. Very odd. In the past years the shipment date didn't change until around 5pm.

6. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

That statement changed. My confirmation stated that I would receive my iPhone 5 on 9/21, nit "as early as." however, I ordered mine at 3:07 AM EST. It shows back ordered on my order page, but that makes sense. It will probably ship next Wed/Thurs.

7. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Same here. Apple says 2 weeks. AT&T says:

Great news – your new iPhone will ship soon!
    What happens next:
    • Your order will arrive on 9/21/12
    • We’ll send a confirmation email when it’s ready
    • You can check your order status online anytime
    • You can check your order status online anytime

8. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I also ordered one for a friend who is with Verizon and got similar information:

Order Summary:
    Preorder Confirmation: 9590XXXXXXXX2000
    Order Number: 1XXXX4
    Order Location: D7XX01
    Deliver By: 09/21/2012

9. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

More interesting details of my Verizon purchase. Had two devices on the plan, an iPad 3 purchased March 17, 2012 which is not on contract, just a month to month data plan, and an iPhone 4 which has an eligibility date of November 2012. So the iPhone IS NOT ELIGIBLE right now. However, Verizon allowed me (online) to transfer the eligibility date of the iPad (3/17/12) to the iPhone! Was able to get the upgrade pricing and just have to keep the iPad active until November. Nice deal I thought.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's cool! So are you happy that you switched to Verizon? My 4S is on AT&T, but I just ordered a 5 on Verizon since their coverage is much better here in the southwest. I'll miss the simultaneous voice and 3G, but LTE availability and coverage is more important to me.

11. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I didn't actually switch to Verizon, I ordered for a friend who is on Verizon. My AT&T plan stayed at unlimited data and went smoothly.

12. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

AT&T still showing delivery on 9-21

Apple sold out within the 1st few hours and I find it kind of odd AT&T has not sold out yet..

Are people leaving AT&T because of the no FaceTime over 4G unless you pay? Or did AT&T just get a crap load of launch phones?

I suppose Apple sold out so fast because it was a worldwide order site where as AT&T is only 1/3 (if that) of the US subscribers..

13. Theresa Garcia

Theresa Garcia New Member

I have been on the AT&T site trying to complete my purchase for over an hour. It says my phone will arrive on 9/21. Now all I need is it to get past the phone and onto the service portion and I will have it made.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Ah. Do they have AT&T LTE in your area?

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's one of several reasons. I think some people are tired of being nickel and dimed for things like hotspot and facetime on cellular. Plus Verizon has better coverage in many places.

16. No-25

No-25 Member
    Bronze

I just got a text from AT&T

AT&T Free Msg: Congratulations! Your preorder has been processed. You will be notified when your order has shipped. <Replies are not monitored>

17. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

damn, that fast?

18. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

what time did you order. I ordered at 6:20am and I didn't get that message yet.

19. No-25

No-25 Member
    Bronze

2:08 AM Central time