ORDERED!

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by Test-Pilot, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Test-Pilot

Test-Pilot Member
    Bronze

I just ordered the iPad Mini from the Apple Store. I went for the big boy. Yes, the 64 GB model in black. I'm excited and cannot wait for it to ship.

2. Irishmac

Irishmac New Member

Ordered - iPad mini (16gb - white)

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

16 GB white iPad mini ordered.

4. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Zealot
    Bronze

1 16gb white wifi only and 1 32gb black wifi/LTE4G ordered! Now the waiting begins!

5. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I finally caved and ordered the 32GB Wifi only Black iPad mini. Still debating on if I'm going to trade in my iPad 3 to Amazon ($475 offer).

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Which iPad 3 is that?

7. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

Black 32Gb Wifi Only.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

8. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Am I the only one who got the ipad4? I feel really left out! :(

9. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

No no... I got the iPad 4 32gb black WiFi only version. I think a lot of Mini purchasers are going to regret their decisions unless they are just specifically looking for a more compact tablet. To me it is basically they same as an iPad 2 except smaller and basically the same price! Go Apple!:rolleyes:

It would have made more sense to me if it had a retina display and the A6 processor.

10. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

How can you say that The only thing the same is the A5 chip everything else is the same a iPad4 except the display it has more pixels then the iPad2 no retina but the new thin glass
    I personally think iPad4 is not much new over the iPad 3 and why is it not the new slim design ? It's still heavier and thicker then iPad2.
    I got mine as hold over till the next update.

11. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

No biggie. Y'all can decide after you own it for a few days. The 4 has the faster processer and a high def camera for facetime, which matters to me. It is also advertized to be up to twice as fast on WiFi which I also care about.

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I rarely used my iPad 3 (I mainly used it just as an Air Video middleman for streaming to my ATV and movies on airplanes) since it was so awkward to hold and heavy. So if this mini is more comfortable that I do use it more, it will be worth the A5 processor. I have a feeling I won't notice the screen difference. It will look better than the iPad 2 screen since it's the same resolution shown on a smaller display. Now that Air Video works fine in the background on 6.0 on the iPhone 5 (and doesn't crash like it did on 5.x), I can use it on my phone so I don't really need it for Air Video. I mainly want it for eBooks. In addition to all of that, a lot of people out there want to spend less than the previous iPads, so I think this was a good move on Apple's part. People who only look at the processor and non-Retina display aren't seeing the big picture here.

13. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Yeah I guess you're right. Just for me I like the bigger screen as trying to view websites on 7" screens isn't my cup of tea. I know it's an 8" screen but I have only tried a 7" other than the 9.7" iPad or my 10.1" Note. Sometimes I wish my Note was larger!:)

But to each his/her own.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, I had no problem using the internet for hours at a time on the 3.5 inch screen on all the old iPhones, so an 8" screen definitely won't be too small for me.

15. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

That's what I was thinking. It seems to me to be a small iPad 2... I already have that lol. Yet I'm reading all the coments and it seems I am wrong. Hmm maybe when the white comes back in stock for the mini I will jump on it. I like the smallness of it. But I really really wanted retina display :( I was going to wait until the next one but nah lol.

16. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Well Best Buy will have them on display... problem solved.

17. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

You people are getting me thinking about the mini. Have to play with one first. No hurry.

18. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

And I as well. It may end up being my weekend tablet but I'm pretty convinced that the 4 will be my daily work tablet.

19. Breadbag

Breadbag Member
    Bronze

Just sold my iPad 3 64GB on eBay along with my google nexus 7 16GB...so I'm ordering a white mini 16 and a black iPad 4 32 now!

20. sprmx199

sprmx199 New Member

Ordered the iPad mini Black 32Gb with LTE. Can't wait till it gets here.