Organize videos

Dukeboy0169

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Is it possible to organize videos similar to how we organize music in iTunes?

I want to create folders and organize my videos but I cant figure out how.

Thanks!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'm not sure what you mean by "create folders"... you can make playlists of Videos, if that's what you mean.

Dukeboy0169

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
How? All my videos just get thrown in all together. How do you make playlists for videos?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
How? All my videos just get thrown in all together. How do you make playlists for videos?
create a playlist. drag the videos into it.

you can also classify them as different kinds of videos...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukeboy0169

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
I did make playlists for the videos. I imported the videos into iTunes, then i added them to the proper playlists just like I do with my music.

It allows you to do that, however when you go to sync, the videos are all in the movie section and they're checkable. The folder and playlist i created for my videos also shows up in the music area, but the boxes are not checkable.

Maybe Im creating my video playlists in the wrong spot? On the main iTunes screen, on the left side under playlists, my first folder is called Music. Inside that folder i have more folders with Band names. Inside those folders I have playlists.

The next main folder after Music is Videos. Inside that I have more folders. One is called Movies. One is called guitar tabs. I can import videos and add them to the proper playlists, but after I sync the videos are all together. Theyre not categorized or organized in any way.

What am I doing wrong? Or not doing? Appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
I saw a thread on apps that organize photos on iPhones. That's great, but... what about videos?
As it stands, all my videos are in iTunes under "video" sorted into one humungus list in an alpha-numeric order. That's fine, I guess. But it would be nice to be able to organize the videos into categories: home movies, photo slide-shows, dance recitals, weddings vids, etc.

Is there an app for that?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
PhotoAlbums+ for iPhone lets you create albums and organize photos and videos. It's in Cydia.